The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting Bench / Bed Gas Struts

+5
PLOUGHLIN
chudders
Peter Brown
Gromit
CC
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fitting Bench / Bed Gas Struts - Page 2 Empty Re: Fitting Bench / Bed Gas Struts

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue May 10, 2016 12:02 pm

If you want to raise the seat much higher than the stay fitted by AS, I think you would be forced to remove the base cushion before lifting, which sort of defeats the object of the exercise?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Fitting Bench / Bed Gas Struts - Page 2 Empty Re: Fitting Bench / Bed Gas Struts

Post by meanchris Tue May 10, 2016 12:05 pm

Ours lifts up at the front, and sort of forwards and down at the back, so that the bench base is vertically parallel with the seat back.
meanchris

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 Wed May 11, 2016 10:12 am

Y
CC wrote:
moggyminor1966 wrote:

Hi CC
I assume the beds on your Broadway are the same width as our Nuevo. Please could you advise the measurement you fitted the strut from the back of the bed frame and also the measurement from the back of the lift up frame.
This will make sure I get it right! Thanks

Hi Moggs.... Yes our Broadway bed shown should be the same width and length as your Nuevo, it just uses an additional section to extend the beds length. 

I will check my measurements and get back to you, to be honest it was just a guesstimate so you might be better making your own decision. As I said previously it'll happily support the weight of the bed elevated minus the back cushion but as soon as you try with the back cushion it struggles but can still be held open with very little effort.

Will check later and get back to you, but just use it as a rough guide. I might be wrong but Peter's appear to be mounted slightly further outwards along the bottom fixing? I'm only guessing but it's possible with a slightly different angle they may work slightly better possibly. 

CC

Thanks CC look forward to the measurements so I can get them fitted. smile!
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed May 11, 2016 7:02 pm

Sorry for the delay Moggs, really unwell still here at the moment... 

I've just checked and measuring from the back wall to the centre of the bottom bracket fixing its 36cm 

The top bracket fixing into the bed base you just fix the bed at the angle you require then fix or at least that's how I did mine... If you'd prefer the measurement for this as well let me know as I stupidly forgot to check that (not myself at the mo) & I'm now back indoors but can let you know tomorrow if needed.

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Wed May 11, 2016 7:11 pm

I used 345mm (not 245mm as I said earlier) along the bottom, and 145mm on the seat base.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 Wed May 11, 2016 7:44 pm

Thanks CC hope you are soon feeling better.
Thanks also Ploughlin.
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2