one final query.. Clubman Voyager hob

View previous topic View next topic Go down

one final query.. Clubman Voyager hob

Post by mattpc on Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:55 pm

The burners on the voyager hob are secured by two screws per burner. I want to remove one of the burner tops which houses the jets to clean it out. The holes are somewhat bunged up and have corroded so the gas jet flame does not burn correctly. I can see that the holes are not the correct shape they should be. The screws are very stiff and feel like they will round off at any time.. I've sprayed WD40 on them but would like to have a spare set of screws in case the worst happens. Anyone know where I can get them please? A google search reveals companies selling spares for Voyager hobs but screws are not listed or referred to. Yes I will be very careful when removing screws and isolate the gas. Thanks, Matt.
mattpc

Male

Member Age : 36
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman 2.0 LPG
Vehicle Year : 1992

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: one final query.. Clubman Voyager hob

Post by harry h on Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:53 pm

Try an electrical wholesaler like CEF. I had a problem with the grill retaining screws and got some brass screws their (M4,M5). I had to grind the tops off old screws and heat the protruding threads to remove them. Screw fix may also sell small packets of screws.
harry h

Male

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: one final query.. Clubman Voyager hob

Post by mattpc on Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:33 pm

Thanks Harry, I must say this forum (combined with the VW forums) has been very helpful sorting out all the minor gripes with my Clubman.
mattpc

Male

Member Age : 36
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman 2.0 LPG
Vehicle Year : 1992

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum