The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rienza Headlights

5 posters

Go down

Rienza Headlights Empty Rienza Headlights

Post by Dave 418 Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:30 pm

As we are about to travel to the land of clogs and windmills my friend gave me a set of unused Eurolites. I used to always use gaffer tape on our Landrovers and the Duetto following the markings on the lenses.
Sadly technical changes mean our Rienza being Mk6 Transit based have clear lenses, another ploy to make us buy masks I suppose. Has any one out there fitted Eurolites the instruction leaflet mentions reference marks that mine hasn't got. think_smiley_46
Knowing the Clogys I dout them being too bothered and we wont be driving after dark if I have my way. drinksallround .
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Rienza Headlights Empty Re: Rienza Headlights

Post by BobK Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:50 pm

Hi Dave  .. not familiar with Eurolites but I purchased a set of stickers from Halfords, and they came with diagrams for just about every conceivable headlamp .     They had one diagram specifically for Transits with clear lenses.   
The stickers consisted of a circle with a triangular tail (something like a comma) and the location was to place the circle off-centre to the bulb in the "seven o'clock position, with the tail trailing to the left and slightly downwards.   Sorry if the desc. is a bit vague.

good luck   Bob

I've just Googled Eurolites and there is a diagram on the website.     Diagram 44 is for the clear lens Transit.
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:27 am

up! Thanks Bob, For some technical reason beyond my control the web site is eluding me. I think my laptop is having a senior moment. I have been out in the dark trying to find the cut off against a board. With that and what you have said I have an idea were the masks should be.
Whilst stationed in Germany I bought Cibie lights for two of my cars. You could  turn the bulb holders  for left or right dip pattern. My friends newish Landrover Discovery has this built in. Nice option if you can justify such things but for the occasional trip maybe not.
Thanks again, up!
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:41 am

At Blackhorse Farm CC site last year our neighbour in a new jag removed in turn both headlamp units to alter the dip pattern.  An awful lot of work and risk of losing bits just before a holiday when a bit of tape in the right place does the job - of course he may have been driving to the far east of Europe and only at night so wanted to be able to see better - he didn't look that type.

Bearing in mind the fact he'd already just towed a caravan from somewhere in the UK, he then proceeded to fit extensions to his wing mirrors, check tyre pressures and torque on all wheel nuts - text book stuff but maybe better done before starting the trip.  Kept me amused for a while though!

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:08 am

Hi Dave

The regulations state only that you must not dazzle oncoming traffic. It says nothing about how this is to be achieved.

I know nothing about Mk 6 Transits, but if (like the Sevel range) they have a switch on the dash for raising and lowering the dipped beam, this would probably be sufficient.

You don't plan to drive at night anyway, but if you are bothered about the Plod, or checks at the port of entry, I would be inclined to stick some insulating tape approximately where you think it probably ought to go. Having watched loads of people sticking their masks or beam benders on the wrong side of their headlamp glass, I don't think you need worry too much. content

Dave

P.S. I would use a pale coloured tape - not black, which can cause crazing in the polycarbonate "glass" due to heat absorption.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:29 am

I've been touring the continent several times a year for over 20 years now and have only once used beam deflectors, they fell off after a few hundred miles... Like Dave, I never plan to drive in the hours of darkness, and on the few occasions that I do I set the electric headlamp adjustment switch it's lowest setting, and I can see the beam is not affecting oncoming traffic. By the way, I know two wrongs don't make a right, but have you ever seen continental drivers coming to the UK fitting beam deflectors? No, I haven't either.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:22 pm

twiddle_thumbs I was one of six Landrovers traveling to Andora to spend a week in the Pyrenees. I was the only one to bother with masks. The owner of a Discovery that had changeable lights didn't have the right screwdriver. We were only stopped by the Spanish police, they did comment about the lights but took more time searching all the vehicles apart from ours. They are very strict about drug smuggling in the Pyrenees mountain areas.

I admit to forgetting about the beam adjuster fitted to the Mk6 Transit, so many new toys. rolleyes Hopefully a run out this weekend, then  roll on the 28th, we like Holland. Nice people and nice country. allthumbz
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:00 pm

Dave 418 wrote: we like Holland. Nice people

You've obviously never had to work with them or walk from the station to the office - they are ruthless at work and lethal on bikes! Having said that one of my very best friends is Dutch.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down