The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burford Duo where do I put my cup and clock?

+9
jht sheffield
Chrissie
Gromit
Quilter
daisy mae
ajrm
Jansellsbond
artheytrate
Wizbangs
13 posters

Go down

Burford Duo where do I put my cup and clock? Empty Burford Duo where do I put my cup and clock?

Post by Wizbangs Sat 12 Mar 2016, 4:43 pm

Hi,

Following advice here, we have just taken delivery of our 16 Reg Burford Duo and so far it looks great. What is missing for us are shelves for a clock and a cuppa in the bedroom. Suggestions please. :) TIA.

MaryA
Wizbangs
Wizbangs

Female

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo (sold)
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Burford Duo where do I put my cup and clock? Empty Re: Burford Duo where do I put my cup and clock?

Post by artheytrate Sat 12 Mar 2016, 6:14 pm

In our Broadway EB I have used sticky backed Velcro and it has held a clock on the wall now for 2 years, and the same clock on our previous van 3 years.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Burford Duo where do I put my cup and clock? Empty Re: Burford Duo where do I put my cup and clock?

Post by Jansellsbond Sat 12 Mar 2016, 11:55 pm

Hate to say this but just screwed two poundland suction cup soap  dishes (suction cups removed)  above our Broadway fb bed to hold early morning cuppa. AS seem to think we all get up straight away in the morning to do star jumps out in the cold morning air.
Jansellsbond
Jansellsbond

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:34 am

Our Broadway FB has two shelves above the bedroom window. We use the bottom shelf ( top of the curtain pelmet) for early morning and late night cuppas.
As to the clock, we don't have one but sometimes use the Sargent EC480 panel clock display setting if we can't be bothered to look at our watches.

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizbangs Sun 13 Mar 2016, 9:51 am

For some reason, the thanks buttons are not available, however Thanks. :) There are no shelves in the Burford bedroom, hence my question.
Wizbangs
Wizbangs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Sun 13 Mar 2016, 12:10 pm

Ah, I didn't know the layout, I assumed you had pelmets in a suitable position.

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2013 Broadway FB

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sun 13 Mar 2016, 1:33 pm

I also have a clock in a matching wood surround  to match the woodwork in the van stuck on the Luton cupboard door, has been there for nearly three years. easy to take out of the wood surround holder to change time / battery.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Sun 13 Mar 2016, 2:16 pm

What about a neat wooden flat- folding table which can go between the two beds at night and then be used outside or in other parts of the van in  day time ? We have one and it is used all the time. The table we have can be bought in places like Dunelm Mills and they do come in different types of wood to match your van.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizbangs Sun 13 Mar 2016, 2:44 pm

That is a very good idea indeed, though I think our dogs would use it as a shortcut and send everything flying. LOL.
Wizbangs
Wizbangs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sun 13 Mar 2016, 3:24 pm

Would something like these drop down shelf brackets be any use?

The shelf folds down flat against the wall when not in use, so it doesn't get in the way when not required.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dave smile!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizbangs Sun 13 Mar 2016, 4:54 pm

Again a good idea. :) Hubby has just found some shelves that go inside pet cages, they have raised edges as well, so things won't slide off.  He hopes to be able to attach them to the underneath of the wardrobes. Can't see it myself, but won't argue. ;-) 

It's seems a daft omission, a shelf for a cuppa, when so much thought has gone into the overall design.
Wizbangs
Wizbangs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Sun 13 Mar 2016, 5:16 pm

Alternatively, if you have any  handy drawers in or out of your wardrobe, look at this innovative piece of thinking by steve 00136, about half way down the second page of the post. 

Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissie Tue 15 Mar 2016, 4:53 pm

We also have a Burford Duo and I constantly moan about the lack of a shelf to put a drink/phone/book etc.   I leave a drink on the shelf in the bathroom so I have a slurp when I inevitably get up during the night.  However, we always have a cup of tea in bed in the morning and survey the view from the window.  We have purchased a small folding wooden table from Amazon which we put between the beds in the morning.  It is also very useful in the lounge area when you don't want to get the large table out or also very useful outside when having your evening drink and watching the sun go down!!
Chrissie
Chrissie

Female

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizbangs Tue 15 Mar 2016, 6:44 pm

Thank you for that. :) For some reason my thanks button is greyed out, but it would be rude not to reply. Yes, I think we may well go with this as an option, at least we won't have to drill into the base of the wardrobes.
Wizbangs
Wizbangs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jht sheffield Tue 30 Aug 2016, 1:41 am

We love our Burford. If we didn't , we would buy something else .  allthumbz
jht sheffield
jht sheffield

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizbangs Tue 30 Aug 2016, 6:20 am

We found a glass shelf that fitted along the bottom edge of the wardrobe and that works perfectly. Unfortunately due to either bad weather or hubby's health issues, we have hardly used our MH at all this year. Such a shame. Still the shelf is sorted and the few days we have had away have been very enjoyable.
Wizbangs
Wizbangs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DAVETHEWANDERER Tue 30 Aug 2016, 10:35 am

Hi, we have just bought a brand new Burford duo, we had the same problem, we bought a small folding table from a camping shop, it is ideal just the right height it folds flat and we keep it in the wardrobe. regards Dave
DAVETHEWANDERER
DAVETHEWANDERER

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : BOURTON

Back to top Go down

Post by gbch Fri 02 Sep 2016, 9:13 pm

In our Burford (Wiltshire) Duo I mounted one of these on each of the wardrobes.

We also have a ships clock screwed to the 'wall' above the door from the lounge into the bedroom.
gbch
gbch

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Wiltshire Duo
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyxs Sat 03 Sep 2016, 1:35 am

I just bought one of these clocks because its got a nice simple Arabic font that is easy for me to see in the dark without glasses.
but you need to cut a hole to insert it . Probably the best spot would be the overcab locker door

Don't know about anyone else but If I awake in the night I instinctively look to see what the time is and how long left untill we get up .
I find it irritating when I don't know the time in the middle of the night . Before you ask ....I haven't worn a watch since I retired 7 years ago . It was a symbolic act the day I retired so that my life was no longer driven by the time of day.

Funny how so many of us have motorhomes that have nowhere to put a morning cuppa . The previous owner found an ingenious solution. He cut out a recess in the van lining above the bed both sides of the van and made a small platform for cups and other stuff. There is about 3.5" depth between the internal lining board and the external panel of the van on a Transit .

We have found it frustrating that there is nowhere to put all the other stuff you need at night like reading glasses, cellfone, water,netbook, medication,book, TV remote etc .

Actually we are quite fortunate with our layout as there is the kitchen worktop one side and a small cupboard worktop the other side to bung everything on.
Perhaps an expanded netting on the wall would hold most of it.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

Last edited by johnnyxs on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 1:51 am; edited 2 times in total
johnnyxs
johnnyxs

Male

Auto-Sleeper : duetto
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sat 03 Sep 2016, 1:48 am

I bought one of these. No cutout needed, fixed to over cab locker door with double sided tape.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyxs Sat 03 Sep 2016, 1:54 am

yes thats a good solution to prevent cutting a hole . I suppose I assumed that it would stay fitted fot the lifetime of the van.
its on my desk as I type and I can hear its tick in the quietness of the night. Hope it doesn't keep us awake
johnnyxs
johnnyxs

Male

Auto-Sleeper : duetto
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sat 03 Sep 2016, 10:00 am

PLOUGHLIN wrote:I bought one of these. No cutout needed, fixed to over cab locker door with double sided tape.

That is the same one I have,  bought from one of the MH shows, it does look good as if it was  original.
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down