1996 Autosleeper Talisman: Water System

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1996 Autosleeper Talisman: Water System

Post by jap1122334 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:23 pm

Hi all

we are renovating this Autosleeper 1996 Talisman called "Luka"
as we move along with this project I am going to try and leave as much information about each problem and what we did to overcome it, hopefully to help the next poor sod that buys a van that should have been scrapped, anyway that's a whole different topic and we love him so now to the next problem:

Could anyone help with this:
Underneath we have two tanks one would think a soil tank and a fresh water tank. Please take a look at the photos and drawings i have done as to the layout from what i can see.
Question 1. Does anyone have the water system layout ? if so can i have a copy that would make my Year (again)  content
Question 2. The part that has snapped any idea where it all goes ?
Question 3. Why does it look like the fresh water and soil water tanks are connected ?
Question 4. We also have the Sink waste pipe and the Shower waste pipe Just hanging down any Guesses ?
Question 5. What makes a 51 year old male decide to take on a restoration project like this, when he's about as practical as a Beautician ( Sorry to any Beauticians reading) ?

Thanks for looking

" />" />" />" />" />
jap1122334

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman/Polensa

View user profile http://derbyshire-motorhome-hire.co.uk/index.html

Back to top Go down

Re: 1996 Autosleeper Talisman: Water System

Post by Peter Brown on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:59 pm

It looks as though your van had been modified so that both tanks hold fresh water and the waste (grey) water is just dropped on the ground.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Staff Member
Staff Member

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Malvern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by logburner on Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:57 pm

Peter has the answer, I reckon.......for some reason, it has been altered from original.    scratch head
Looking at it, I would myself, replace pipes as needed, to revert back to what it was  ie. shower and toilet sink outlet re-run back to waste water tank, making sure that kitchen sink is also going into waste water tank. Keep pipe away from exhaust pipes. hugegrins
Plastic piece broken, could be a tap for draining said tank, but needs to be accessible from side, or rear of motorhome for easy usage, mine is fixed to rear mudflap (clubman, has different layout)
Spare wheel ? By the fact that you are asking, I must assume this is something you don't have.
Therefore it could well be a cradle for one.........Does it hinge downwards when its released ?
logburner
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by logburner on Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:02 pm

P.s      Q5.           Answer,   "Rose tinted glasses"

Pps.  Fresh tank at front should not be connected to rear waste tank.  Both tanks need drain taps though, so you could utilise connecting pipework for drain pipe, and put in plastic tap.     allthumbz
logburner
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jap1122334 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:03 pm

Ha ha ha ha "Rose tinted glasses" indeed, we have decided to keep the tanks "as is" because we want this motorhome for Wild Camping and having almost 90L of fresh water is better than hauling soil water around. I will neaten the two soil pipes up and just use a 20L outside conatainer for the soil water. Thanks to all for your comments.
jap1122334

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman/Polensa

View user profile http://derbyshire-motorhome-hire.co.uk/index.html

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum