Leisure Battery for 1997 Executive

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Leisure Battery for 1997 Executive

Post by Mike2015 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:41 pm

Hi all, does anyone know the maximum physical size of leisure battery that will fit under a 1997 Executive's driver/passenger seat? I went to remove the seats today to check but don't have a star spline allen key! The motorhome's going in to have a 150w solar panel fitted next week so I'm fitting a new (possibly 2) leisure battery. I've been researching batteries & the Varta seems to be quite popular with motorhomers. I'll be touring southern Europe next winter (Spain & Portugal) so trying to build a system that will allow me to do away with EHU on campsites. I'm figuring on using approx 40-50Ah per day minimum. If I need more I'm considering a 120w-150w folding briefcase solar panel hooked up to a spare leisure battery (in a battery box) as a supplement. Another alternative would be to run 2 leisure batteries under the front seats & hook up the briefcase solar panel to the main roof panel for a total of 280w-300w. I don't know if this could be done as the briefcase panel has a built in regulator. The roof panel will be charging both the leisure & main battery over this winter & I'm a little concerned that if I install 2 leisure batteries the 150w roof panel won't be able to keep all 3 batteries fully charged. The briefcase panel would only be used when camped up as if I use it here somebody will probably nick it! Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Mike2015

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leisure Battery for 1997 Executive

Post by easylifer on Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:41 pm

My 2nd leisure battery (Executive) is under a false floor in the back of the wardrobe.
easylifer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum