Waterlogged roof insulation Amethyst - help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Waterlogged roof insulation Amethyst - help!

Post by malcolmbebb on Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:14 pm

Hi,
I have had a leak in the roof of my 2000 Amethyst. Water has come over the edge of the centre roof vent, gone between the woodwork and the headlining, and is leaking out round the cupboards. 

The insulation in the head lining is full of water. I can get at a  few inches, but it needs to come off and be replaced. There is a lot of water up there. 

I have no idea how to remove the headling. Do I need to take the cupboards out? 

At present the water ingress into the vehicle is minor, I might have just caught it. 
It appears that the drainage channels around the rooflight got filled up with moss and algae. This doesn't greatly notice when the cover is down. During heavy rain it may have backed up and lipped over the edge in the "downhill" corners. 

Thanks in advance,
Malcolm
malcolmbebb

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waterlogged roof insulation Amethyst - help!

Post by mikejack on Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:57 pm

If its built like the medallion to get the curved bit out the overhead cuboards come out first. The flat bit on the medallion is where the centre roof vent is and it is held on one side by the overhead cuboards and the other side by the wardrobe and toilet wall so looks hard to get out.

Mike
mikejack

Male

Auto-Sleeper : medallion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by malcolmbebb on Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:52 pm

An update on this. 
The centre section of the roof liner is removable, between the cupboards. There is a wooden framework glued to the roof, which contained the water to a couple of areas very roughly a foot square or so. 

I didn't do the work my self, got Steve (formerly Charles & Son) to do it. Took him a couple of mornings with some drying-out time in between.
malcolmbebb

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:10 pm

That sounds good Malcolm, up!
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum