Roof Lining

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roof Lining

Post by KEITH JOHN on Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:20 pm

During a recent trip we inadvertently left the kitchen roof vent slightly open whilst it was raining and noticed afterwards that the cream, suede effect roof lining around the vent was wet. We dried it off with an hair dryer but the area affected is now a purple discoloured patch.
I have spoken to Autosleeper Stores and they suggest that it is probably the glue used to stick the lining to the wood in the roof, but could not offer any ideas as to cleaning the lining.
Has this happened to anyone else and/or has anyone a suggestion as to how to remove it?
Many thanks.
ps. The type of lining material used is apparently no longer available, so replacing it is a non-starter!!
KEITH JOHN

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : EXECUTIVE
Vehicle Year : 2005

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roof Lining

Post by shuttle on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:13 pm

A few years ago I had a Vauxhall Astra which had a sunroof,I forgot to close it fully one night and it rained leaving a brownish stain all around it .I tried various cleaners to no avail,then I tried STP Tuff Stuff .Followed the instructions, and the next day after everything had dried out the stain had gone.Very pleased with the result, it can be bought in most car accessory shops,Halfords etc.
Hope this helps.
shuttle

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum