Sutton Bank

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sutton Bank

Post by galavanter on Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:11 am

Hello ,I was curious to know is it ok to go up Sutton Bank with a Gatcombe sized motorhome
avatar
galavanter
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 14
Joined : 2015-07-14
Member Age : 63
Location : dalbeattie Dumfries and Gallow
Auto-Sleeper : gatcombe
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sutton Bank

Post by PLOUGHLIN on Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:55 am


_________________
Peter L
avatar
PLOUGHLIN
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 1940
Joined : 2014-06-24
Member Age : 47
Location : NORTH HERTS
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sutton Bank

Post by oldfred on Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:46 pm

There are much steeper and longer slopes in Europe that allow motorhomes, I've been up Sutton Bank and it was fine.
avatar
oldfred
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 375
Joined : 2013-07-28
Member Age : 70
Location : North West
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sutton Bank

Post by burlingtonboaby on Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:08 pm

Sutton bank should be taken with caution and in low gears, it is steep with several bends, one left hand hair pin bend is particularly tight, there is a car park at the top with viewing area.
Cafe and gift centre plus w/Cs  near bye.
Boaby
avatar
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 6372
Joined : 2011-11-15
Member Age : 68
Location : Bridlington
Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK
Vehicle Year : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sutton Bank

Post by logburner on Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:46 pm

galavanter wrote:Hello ,I was curious to know is it ok to go up Sutton Bank with a Gatcombe sized motorhome

Err !    Where's Sutton Bank, no mention of it in my AA 4 miles to 1 inch map ??   shrugg scratch head scratch head
avatar
logburner
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 408
Joined : 2015-07-26
Member Age : 73
Location : Sutton on sea ... Lincolnshire
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman
Vehicle Year : 1993

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sutton Bank

Post by PLOUGHLIN on Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:24 am

logburner wrote:
galavanter wrote:Hello ,I was curious to know is it ok to go up Sutton Bank with a Gatcombe sized motorhome

Err !    Where's Sutton Bank, no mention of it in my AA 4 miles to 1 inch map ??   shrugg scratch head scratch head

A170 between Pickering and Thirsk.

_________________
Peter L
avatar
PLOUGHLIN
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 1940
Joined : 2014-06-24
Member Age : 47
Location : NORTH HERTS
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sutton Bank

Post by burlingtonboaby on Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:46 am

burlingtonboaby wrote:Sutton bank should be taken with caution and in low gears, it is steep with several bends, one left hand hair pin bend is particularly tight, there is a car park at the top with viewing area.
Cafe and gift centre plus w/Cs  near bye.
Boaby
Another steep hill of note, is Garrowby hill on the A166 at Bishop Wilton Wold, the highest point on the Yorkshire Wolds.
Beautiful views from the top of Sutton bank on a clear day.
Boaby
avatar
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 6372
Joined : 2011-11-15
Member Age : 68
Location : Bridlington
Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK
Vehicle Year : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sutton Bank

Post by logburner on Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:00 pm

PLOUGHLIN wrote:
logburner wrote:
galavanter wrote:Hello ,I was curious to know is it ok to go up Sutton Bank with a Gatcombe sized motorhome

Err !    Where's Sutton Bank, no mention of it in my AA 4 miles to 1 inch map ??   shrugg scratch head scratch head

A170 between Pickering and Thirsk.

Thanks for that..........I remember it now, had to give it a miss when I was towing a while back      snigger
avatar
logburner
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 408
Joined : 2015-07-26
Member Age : 73
Location : Sutton on sea ... Lincolnshire
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman
Vehicle Year : 1993

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum