ford legend

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ford legend

Post by suzieh on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:01 pm

Evening all, Well things are progressing well on the legend engine is now purring as it should, new clutch, waiting for electric power steering  to be fitted then habitation cert found out electrics are ok, fridge works,new leisure battery, good thing there was alot of service history from yrs ago the inside is very tired and dated but im sort of good with a sewing machine so will run up some new curtains decided on throws for seats for next season and see how we go just needs a good clean there is no damp although the trough in window  sliders collect water but have read the notes and seems thats normal and not a problem Im not so sure, power steering is a must cos hubby dont drive anymore so its up to me and i aint got arms like popeye and to think we passed our tests without power steering but that was over 40yrs ago  although ive been driving her just to get used to her size Years ago i drove a 12 seater mini bus for the rugby club so how hard can it be and yes its a she but we dont have a name for her yet any suggestions lol, will tag a few pics when she is done once thanks for the help and advice given on here you are all awsome
suzieh

Female

Auto-Sleeper : ford legend
Vehicle Year : 1987

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ford legend

Post by wakaday on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:10 pm

Loads of people going for the Electric Power Steering. Not heard a bad word about it yet. 
I managed to source an original Power Rack when I had the Talbot. 
Really really lucky.
wakaday

Male

Auto-Sleeper : clubman
Vehicle Year : 1998

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:39 pm

I've had a car with electric power steering. Only problem I found is if the alternator develops a fault (which mine did) you can't drive it anywhere and have to be recovered or towed with you heaving on the steering wheel. Presumably if the Legend didn't originally have power steering, then any fault such as this wouldn't stop you driving it.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:48 pm

Looks good coming along nicely, much fun to be had in her,

I use to drive a 7.5ton horse box a Leyland, no power steering and had to double declutch, loved to drive it though.older now so power steering a must I feel .
best regards,
Margaret
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman
Vehicle Year : Oct. 2003 VW 2.5 TDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: