Clubman running lights bulb gone.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Clubman running lights bulb gone.

Post by logburner on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:00 pm

Hi All,
Just a quick question.........Clubman 1993...bulb most likely gone on high front running light, cover does not have  screws......does it just prise off ?  scratch head
Don't want to bust it, and if it does just prise off, may well warm it up a bit with a heat gun, so it doesn't just crumble in my hand.  think_smiley_46

All suggestions for safe removal gladly accepted.......     Ian.
logburner
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman
Vehicle Year : 1993

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clubman running lights bulb gone.

Post by Wingrider8368 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:07 pm

Hi Logburner, my Clubman is just a year younger than yours and the running lights have on two of the edges, a small 'slot' that you can use to lever the lens off with a screwdiver.  It just needs a gentle twist to remove them.  Hope that helps and that you enjoy your Clubman as much as we enjoy ours.
KR
Ken

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman
Vehicle Year : 2004

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by logburner on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:57 pm

Wingrider8368 wrote:Hi Logburner, my Clubman is just a year younger than yours and the running lights have on two of the edges, a small 'slot' that you can use to lever the lens off with a screwdiver.  It just needs a gentle twist to remove them.  Hope that helps and that you enjoy your Clubman as much as we enjoy ours.
KR
Ken

Hi Ken,
Thanks for the timely reply....... up!    Great vehicles aren't they.  hugegrins   ta for the info.......will get out and fix it, if it stops raining.. scratch head
Or, should I say, WHEN it stops raining.   shrugg
                                                                                    Ian      gimmefive
logburner
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phil.l on Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:29 pm

Recently replaced the lamps on my Clubman with l.e.d. lamps as the original lamps continually let moisture in which corroded the bulb holders away easy enough job to do the worst bit was getting into the locker and joining the wires but they certainly look better than the old ones.
Phil
phil.l

Male

Auto-Sleeper : autosleeper clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by logburner on Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:41 pm

phil.l wrote:Recently replaced the lamps on my Clubman with l.e.d. lamps as the original lamps continually let moisture in which corroded the bulb holders away easy enough job to do the worst bit was getting into the locker and joining the wires but they certainly look better than the old ones.
Phil

Oops !!   Corrosion,  scratch head  never thought about that !     Whistle1   Now you've got me worried.     confused3   That's one of those things that just happen to other people...........isn't it ???      fedup         Wish it would stop raining !!      rolleyes     Ian.
logburner
Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum