Bluetooth radio in Broadway ?

Go down

Bluetooth radio in Broadway ? Empty Bluetooth radio in Broadway ?

Post by spanner on Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:49 pm

Hello, I've recently bought a 2013 Broadway and can't seem to find the Bluetooth feature on the factory fit radio (Delphi model f250fl) 
Although the original specs said it has Bluetooth fitted I don't think ours has.
The steering wheel has the right buttons but the menu display on the instrument cluster says no phone found.
Does anyone have a similar model 2012/2013 with Bluetooth that works ?
Any advice most welcome.
spanner
spanner
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 123
Joined : 2015-12-04
Member Age : 99
Location : Telford Shropshire
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway Duo EL
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth radio in Broadway ? Empty Re: Bluetooth radio in Broadway ?

Post by inspiredron on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:42 pm

If it says No phone found that seems to indicate that your pbone has not been paired. My 2012 has no Bluetooth and I don't get sny messages about s ohone. It could still be paired with the lsst owner's phone - which will be out of range!
Check your manual.

_________________
Best wishes - Ron
inspiredron
inspiredron
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 2273
Joined : 2012-06-02
Member Age : 78
Location : Carshalton
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth radio in Broadway ? Empty Re: Bluetooth radio in Broadway ?

Post by spanner on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:56 pm

inspiredron wrote:If it says No phone found that seems to indicate that your pbone has not been paired. My 2012 has no Bluetooth and I don't get sny messages about s ohone. It could still be paired with the lsst owner's phone - which will be out of range!
Check your manual.
Hello Ron, when I get press the telephone symbol on the right hand side of the steering wheel that's when the message is displayed, I don't think the radio is the Bluetooth version as fitted to the 2014 models.
Thanks, Chris
spanner
spanner
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 123
Joined : 2015-12-04
Member Age : 99
Location : Telford Shropshire
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway Duo EL
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth radio in Broadway ? Empty Re: Bluetooth radio in Broadway ?

Post by -mojo- on Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:36 am

spanner wrote:the menu display on the instrument cluster says no phone found.

As Ron says, it's a bit unlikely that you would get this message if the radio did not have Bluetooth. I too would check the manual - or contact the base vehical manufacturer for one of you don't have a manual - to find out about how to pair with a phone.

These days it doesn't mean much if your phone cannot "see" the radio because for security reasons they are deliberately made to be "not visible" unless you are in the process of pairing.
-mojo-
-mojo-
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 4566
Joined : 2012-08-04
Member Age : 19
Location : Southeast
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth radio in Broadway ? Empty Re: Bluetooth radio in Broadway ?

Post by inspiredron on Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:56 am

Sorry about the typos in my last post - phone keyboards are not ideal!
If you have a button on th esteering wheel and if you get the message on the display you HAVE Bluetooth.  If you have not paired your phone (do you know what that means? - if not RTM) you will get the message - if your phone is not in the van you will get the message, if you have not switched on your phone, or if you have not switched on Bluetooth on the phone, you will get the message and if your phone does not have Bluetooth you will get the message.
It would help a lot if you took the trouble to fill in your profile and to introduce yourself - in the introduction you could even tell us what phone you have.
I don't think that we can help you any more then that.

_________________
Best wishes - Ron
inspiredron
inspiredron
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 2273
Joined : 2012-06-02
Member Age : 78
Location : Carshalton
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth radio in Broadway ? Empty Re: Bluetooth radio in Broadway ?

Post by spanner on Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:25 pm

inspiredron wrote:Sorry about the typos in my last post - phone keyboards are not ideal!
If you have a button on th esteering wheel and if you get the message on the display you HAVE Bluetooth.  If you have not paired your phone (do you know what that means? - if not RTM) you will get the message - if your phone is not in the van you will get the message, if you have not switched on your phone, or if you have not switched on Bluetooth on the phone, you will get the message and if your phone does not have Bluetooth you will get the message.
It would help a lot if you took the trouble to fill in your profile and to introduce yourself - in the introduction you could even tell us what phone you have.
I don't think that we can help you any more then that.
 
It turns out that the radio is in fact definitely faulty and will be replaced under warranty, thanks for you comments
spanner
spanner
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 123
Joined : 2015-12-04
Member Age : 99
Location : Telford Shropshire
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway Duo EL
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum