The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally got one and now for fun...... :)

+4
daisy mae
groundhog
Dutto
RickHelenWoody
8 posters

Go down

Finally got one and now for fun...... :)  Empty Finally got one and now for fun...... :)

Post by RickHelenWoody Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:32 am

Hi all,

Right well I have already made sure to do the introductions and stated that I was a prospective Pollensa Owner, well we got it  and its awesome.

I have a couple of issues that need rectifying but nothing I cant deal with or not panic about anyway.
Its a 2004 and its on the 2.4 ford transit 350MWB base.
Its got all the usual bits and bobs and we are looking forward to many, many adventures in her.
Not got gas yet so haven't been out in it or anything yet other than sitting outside the house last night telling each other where we want to go in her lol.

We got onto the subject of what can and cant be used whilst not on EHU and I started to realise that my partner may have had grand ideas about what she can actually use in this vehicle. I presumed that with all the conversation we had had in the previous months that we both understood the limitations to some of the electrical devices to take in the vehicle.

Turns out, she needs hairdryer and straightners to work on 12v, I have suggested that she use a towel as when the zombie apocalypse comes she will be eaten hair done or not lol.

but I have been asked to request info on the best ways that you or the ladies in your lives sort your hair out hugegrins

oh and I may need some more info on the electric side of things as there doesn't seem to be a lot on here about Pollensa's but I shall have a study online and feckle myself before I start annoying persons too much.

Really looking forward to getting out and about and venturing further afield very soon, must buy gass first though hehehe.

will post more on our adventures as and when they happen. up!
RickHelenWoody
RickHelenWoody

Male

Member Age : 47
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa, 2.4 Diesel
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Finally got one and now for fun...... :)  Empty Re: Finally got one and now for fun...... :)

Post by Dutto Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:47 am

Hi there,

Hair dryers eat 12v batteries so I suggest that you persuade your better half to go for a bob-cut style as per ....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

.... and use a towel to get it dry.

Alternatively, you will have to either:

o  Only stay at campsites with EHU (Electrical Hook-Up), or,

o  Buy a "silent" generator as per ...

... having first made sure that it will delivery adequate power to run the hairdryer.

o  Buy a 12v > 240v Inverter as per ...

... again, having made sure that it will provide sufficient power to run the hair dryer.

Personally I would lash out on one of these ...

... having first asked my better half which colour she desired! Whistle1 Whistle1 Whistle1

Hope this helps. allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Finally got one and now for fun...... :)  Empty Re: Finally got one and now for fun...... :)

Post by groundhog Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:02 am

Suggest you look at gas powered curling tongs and low voltage hair dryer as Ian suggests .... that answers the Christmas present problem.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:09 am

I wouldn1t bother with either, I don`t at home anyway, if on a site your other half could use the facilities there, I am sorry cannot understand all the faffing about with hair dryers and the like, each to their own. up!

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by RickHelenWoody Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:12 am

Your both very right and Dutto I see you have the same Sense of Humour as myself lol.

The good lady is now on the hunt for gas Straighteners and has said she will gladly towel dry as long as she can straighten it afterwards so as you say mission accomplished and xmas present all in one.

Thank you for the replies its much appreciated, I'm sure I will have more appropriate questions at some point regarding bigger fish than this but for now thanks again. up!
RickHelenWoody
RickHelenWoody

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RickHelenWoody Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:14 am

Daisy,

I guess its different people isn't it. Some things are just as much about comfort as say a favourite chair.
we have found a solution that fits and that's the main thing. up!

Rick
RickHelenWoody
RickHelenWoody

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:21 am

Agree with above - 12v dryers are as much use as a chocolate teapot. My wife has the gas straighteners and gas curling tongs with brush attachment. She also takes 240v dryer, low wattage, I think they are about 800w, for when on hook-up.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by RickHelenWoody Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:39 am

Paulmold,

That's the way we are going to go now we thinks. its easier all round, 95% use of the motorhome is going to be taken by going out for long weekends, using it to go cycling, kayaking and general dog walking with days away and the like. Then the other 5% will be used for the whole weeks away and sites and EHU, so it was a big deal to her, but like I say, all resolved and thanks for the replies it is very much appreciated. allthumbz

Rick
RickHelenWoody
RickHelenWoody

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:42 pm

I find gas straighteners useless it's just mine. When I have no EHU I just put my hair in pigtails.
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:17 pm

I have many years of experience of a better half with hair issues. You'll find the main problem when overnighting in the wilds is washing of hair rather than drying! The love of my life washes her hair everyday in the shower and when we first started motor homing, a tankful of water would disappear down the plughole very quickly! And if the next chance to replenish was several days away we were in deep whatsit... She now has the whole process down to a fine art, and a tankful of water will last us 3 to 4 days.
Regarding drying, that's never a problem as we move on everyday, and she cranks up the van heater to max, puts on the blower and angles the vents on her side to the appropriate position. Job done as we drive...
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by willy eckerslike Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:17 pm

Paulmold wrote:Agree with above - 12v dryers are as much use as a chocolate teapot. My wife has the gas straighteners and gas curling tongs with brush attachment. She also takes 240v dryer, low wattage, I think they are about 800w, for when on hook-up.

Straighteners AND curlers !!! What order does she use them in ? snigger
Cheers, Willy
willy eckerslike
willy eckerslike
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Devon
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:23 pm

willy eckerslike wrote:
Paulmold wrote:Agree with above - 12v dryers are as much use as a chocolate teapot. My wife has the gas straighteners and gas curling tongs with brush attachment. She also takes 240v dryer, low wattage, I think they are about 800w, for when on hook-up.

Straighteners AND curlers !!! What order does she use them in ? snigger
Cheers, Willy

Just ask a woman, she'll know.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down