Passenger cab seat problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Passenger cab seat problem

Post by daisy mae on Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:38 pm

Every since I had my cab seats reupholstered, the passenger seat doesn`t go forward enough to enable the NS bed to be used as a bed, the fold down flap on the back of the seat does not fit onto the settee base as an extension to make the bed longer, hits the settee itself and will no way go flat.in fact the screws have ripped out of the seat.

Now this worked before it was  reupholstered  , have had the seat out ,even changed the revolving seat part round the other way ( handle on the door side ) had to put it back the correct way, seat  needs to go further forward by 2-3", my mechanic cannot figure it out either, I am in a mess here as no way can the settee be used as  bed.

So any ideas guys ? please!!!! I am tearing my hair out here. confused3 scratch head
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman
Vehicle Year : Oct. 2003 VW 2.5 TDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Passenger cab seat problem

Post by rogerblack on Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:01 pm

Just a couple of suggestions:

have you had a good luck under the seat?  There are usually tie bars or wires to hold the upholstery cover taut and these need to be mounted so they don't foul on the seat base when making fore and aft adjustments;

alternatively, when the seat was reupholstered did they add additional deeper padding under the thighs, which may be fouling on the dashboard/glove box and preventing the seat going fully forward?
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

View user profile http://www.crailholiday.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Passenger cab seat problem

Post by daisy mae on Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:48 pm

Thank you so much for your reply, will have a look under the seat tomorrow if it isn`t torrential rain like it was today,

The thighs on the seat do not even go near the dashboard.
Thanks again.
Margaret
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman
Vehicle Year : Oct. 2003 VW 2.5 TDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: