Exterior Silver Screens for Clubman

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Exterior Silver Screens for Clubman

Post by daisy mae on Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:11 pm

logburner wrote:
bikeralw wrote:Just been outside to look at the van which is now sporting its Silver Screens. No gaps at all, fit like a glove. Like Margaret says, they can be adjusted quite a bit with the Velcro. Do you have the mesh inner panel?
Al.

Hi Al,
Nope, no mesh inner panel that I can see........you must have the super de luxe model    hugegrins
Must say, I'm most likely creating a fuss about nothing, as I've only tried to fit them the once, just using them as they came... scratch head .shall have to do a proper job    ie.the sid fit e screens first, then seal the Velcro joints   Whistle1    never know, could get a proper fit.........wish this bl****y rain and drizzle would stop awhile........         Ian.
I fit mine when the three panels are fitted together, not separately, i.e.. all in one piece. that way I find it easy to fit the seam at the edge of the front window screen.one side on then pull the other to fit.

Hope you can get it sorted to your satisfaction.
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw on Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:43 pm

Mine is four panels with the mesh. When I fitted them for the first time I installed the side panels round the doors, then attached the mesh, and finally fixed the windscreen part. It's easier if you have a helper, one on each side. Once done there's no need to take it apart again.
Al.
bikeralw

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagabargin on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:26 pm

I fit ours all in one , minding the aerial as Daisymae says ! Fitting around the wing mirrors last. Don't quite understand where your gaps are
Bagabargin

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by logburner on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:41 pm

Bagabargin wrote:I fit ours all in one , minding the aerial as Daisymae says ! Fitting around the wing mirrors last. Don't quite understand where your gaps are

Thanks to everyone, for their input, wave  I rang silverscreens today, and emailed a couple of pictures, and they were most helpful... scratch head ..they sent me a picture of their Clubman with them fitted, and a few words of advice...... snigger .......All ok , fitting is now correct allthumbz    All snug.......Ian.
logburner
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagabargin on Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:13 pm

Yay ! up!  Pleased you got sorted drinksallround
Bagabargin

Female