What's the difference ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's the difference ?

Post by Bagabargin on Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:55 pm

Hiya:wave:, I'm curious , what is the difference between a Gatcombe and a Clubman ? Cos I can't see much , in which case why change the name ? confused3
Bagabargin

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's the difference ?

Post by Paulmold on Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:16 pm

I think the biggest difference is the woodwork. Italian woodwork on the Gatcombe , rather dated woodwork on the Clubman (but I believe the Clubman Anniversary has the Italian wood). Full cooker on the Gatcombe, cooker hidden behind doors on Clubman but again late Clubmans may have the later design. DaisyMae has an Anniversary so I'm sure she will put me right.

Clubman 1999

Gatcombe 2003

Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:30 pm

Yes mine is the same as a Gatcombe,  when I took the carpet out it had Gatcombe written on the floor, I have the full 4 ring cooker , the earlier  Clubmans  have a 2 ring cooker behind wood doors , that drop down to use, also the cover and sink cover are full length and go over the window when raised. as in the photo Paul has put on, ( with a wood worktop cover ) mine is like the photo of the Gatcombe. Has a glass lid on the cooker.

Clubmans were made in three different lengths depending on the years they were built.

The wood work is the difference in the Gatcombe,  Anniversary Clubman does  not have the Italian wood work, that seems to be the only difference that I have found, unless some  have a a dinette on the OS which I would have liked,  they are the same size.

Clubmans were made in three different lengths depending on the year

Paul the photo of the 1999 Clubman I take it ,  has had a face lift on the sink and cooker, looks like it has glass lids, an improvement on the wood I must say, normally that age has full wood worktop covers.

Does anyone know how many Gatcombe / Anniversary Clubmans were made ?

Whatever year they were built? they are all great vans.

PS Paul I stand corrected, had another look at the photo and it looks like a cloth or mat on the wooden worktop, so please ignore what I have said, silly me should look more closely.

Last edited by daisy mae on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : word missing, PS)
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagabargin on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:05 pm

Ahh, daisymae, I wondered what that was on the worktop too!  I must say I quite like the all wood effect , nice and neat n tidy . As they're so similar , apart from aesthetic effects , I still don't understand why they called it something completely different !
Bagabargin

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:35 pm

I don`t either,  mystery of MH builders, the wood effect does look tidy as you say, but using the oven a flap drops down and part is on the floor so cannot open loo door, some have taken the wood off because of this and they only have two gas rings, each year has a few improvements down the line, but they are all great comfortable vans, what I do like on the older Clubman GL is the side opening  sliding window which  can be open when driving.

They are all great and comfortable vans. very pleased with mine best thing I have bought.
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagabargin on Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:33 pm

Love our Gatcombe, but still getting used to it , our washroom door is catching on the ceiling for some reason ! Hoping dealer will sort it , as still under warranty , can't get used to all the space , keep changing where to put things then forget where I've put them !
Bagabargin

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum