Advise kitchen tap, Gatcombe/late Clubman

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Advise kitchen tap, Gatcombe/late Clubman

Post by daisy mae on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:33 pm

I need to replace the kitchen tap on my 2003 Anniversary Clubman, when having work done at Auto-sleeper in August Alan was going to fit one price £34 , as the dept was on holiday couldn`t get one, phoned Alan at the parts today, do not do that tap anymore, the ones they sell now are £50+ then add tax and postage =£72

he said any tap would do, I enquired about the micro switch, he said AS do not fit taps with micro switches, until I take my tap out I don`t know, the taps in the loo are micro switched, saw same whale tap on line, so I am confused.

Has any one changed the kitchen tap ? and did you find it a pressure tap or micro switched.? have looked on line they all appear to be chrome whereas mine is gold coloured, so I guess it will have to be chrome.

Any help appreciated,  many  thanks,

Margaret
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman
Vehicle Year : Oct. 2003 VW 2.5 TDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Taps

Post by Gatcombeman on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:20 pm

Hi there,
Just spotted your post. I have replaced both kitchen and bathroom taps on my 2003 Gatcombe. They do not need to be micro switch taps as the water system is pressurized by the water pump ( I've had to replace that as well ) As soon as you open the tap the pressurized system allows water out and the pump cuts in to keep the flow going. Micro switch taps will work but are more expensive and do not need to be wired up. I bought mine from our local motorhome dealer ( Not Autosleeper ) I hope this helps
Ivor

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : VW Gatcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Advise kitchen tap, Gatcombe/late Clubman

Post by daisy mae on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:40 pm

Many thanks for reply, I have ordered a tap from a caravan dealer on line, did think it was pressurised  when I couldn`t find any wires going to the tap.

What I need to know now, can the kitchen tap be replaced without taking out the sink?

I also would like to change the bathroom taps, they work fine just would like the chrome ones, but understand the sink and panel has to come out.

Much appreciate your reply as yours was the only one, it is so helpful,  was beginning think no one had replaced them.
Kind regards,
Margaret
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Clubman/Gatcombe taps

Post by Gatcombeman on Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:51 pm

Hi Margaret

In answer to your questions:

Yes the kitchen tap can be replaced without taking the sink out. It can be accessed from underneath the sink without too much trouble. The bathroom taps need the sink to be removed but it is not a difficult job. Undo Phillips screw around the unit slide it towards you and disconnect pipework, then remove the unit complete with taps. allthumbz
Best of luck

Ivor

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : VW Gatcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Advise kitchen tap, Gatcombe/late Clubman

Post by daisy mae on Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:19 pm

Many thanks Ivor, tap on the couriers van so should receive any time soon.

Best regards,
Margaret
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: