Double bed issues 2005 Executive 4 berth

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Double bed issues 2005 Executive 4 berth

Post by meanchris on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:14 pm

Hi this is Chris!

Kim and I took delivery of our new 2005 plate 4 berth Executive. We received plenty of information including pictures of how the double bed is made up. The date on the pictures is 1994 so it would be more appropriate to our old 1995 Exec. 

We have tried to assemble it tonight but ended up frustrated as the pull out parts don't seem to lock in place properly nor do we know which side is supposed to be pulled out farthest. Am I making sense? Also where do you store the seat backs?

Has anyone got any pictures of their 4 berth Executive double bed set up or could you offer any ideas......otherwise, it's looking like singles.....and I'm not happy about that! snigger confused3 scratch head

Thanks
Chris

meanchris

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Double bed issues 2005 Executive 4 berth

Post by roli on Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:06 am

Pull out side seat bases till they meet then stuff the seat backs in the gap between the wall and the bed.
IMO singles better as there is no overnight disturbances by OH getting up to the loo!!

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:36 am

Thanks Roger, but the cushions and mechanism in the 2005 are different from in the old van

The new one has two full length cushions, about 15x15cm, which sit against the walls and under the backrests.
The bed bases slide out on rails, and are supported by them, rather than the older base frames with legs at the front corners. There's a lock to prevent the beds coming out by accident, but nothing to prevent them from sliding back in.
The two beds are different lengths, as the slim cupboard (below the clock and heater controls on the old van) is no longer there, so the cushions aren't interchangeable.

Basically, as Christine says, there appear to be too many cushions, it looks like one or more may need to go under the bed

meanchris

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:36 pm

On my Anniversary Clubman, I have narrow full length cushions under the back rests, I use as singles, I pull out the bed base to lock in first position then that is wide enough for me ,I leave back rest cushion in place,  but could take off back rest cushion as a friend did when she went to Norfolk with me, stored this on the cab seats out of the way. she is  a lot taller than me, don`t use as a double.when making up double, pull seats to meet, then drop back cushions down to create the bed.

When I went to AS at Willersley, I asked Alan to check the bed bases as when pulled out the off side one went back in if leaned on, he rectified this, so can be adjusted, I didn`t know how to.

Last edited by daisy mae on Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : letter missing)
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman
Vehicle Year : Oct. 2003 VW 2.5 TDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by George.. on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:41 pm

Hi Chris,
You only need pull out one settee,pull near side one right across to meet the offside one.
Remove the 150mm x 150mm piece and stow under pulled out settee.
Place the offside settee backrest piece in the space on the pulled out settee.
This works for us, it's not as long winded as it sounds.
Good luck.
George
George..

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe

View user profile http://www.stoppsblog.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris on Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:30 pm

George.. wrote:Hi Chris,
You only need pull out one settee,pull near side one right across to meet the offside one.
Remove the 150mm x 150mm piece and stow under pulled out settee.
Place the offside settee backrest piece in the space on the pulled out settee.
This works for us, it's not as long winded as it sounds.
Good luck.
George
 Hi George,

Thanks for this, we'll try it and let you know how we go on.....not literally though of course  blush

Chris

meanchris

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum