Front seat belts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Front seat belts

Post by phil the fish on Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:52 pm

Hi we live in France and have a 1996 Exclusive Peugeot Boxer.  The front seat belts retract but take forever to pull out.We have tried to find replacements but have been told "no longer available "  because of the age. We bought the motor home in France with a new two year C T [ M O T ]
so the belts passed ok!  We need replacement front belts . Can anyone help please? Thanks Phil.
phil the fish

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Exclusive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Front seat belts

Post by richardstubbs on Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:54 pm

'Encore disponible' is a typical French response. They'll have asked Peugeot and then given up.

Firstly, do they just need cleaning? If you pull the belt right out there might be a load of fluff or something jamming the reel.

Failing that, I doubt that there's anything special about them; as long as the stalk is long enough then any universal inertia reel belt should work I would think. Maybe there's something odd about them but I doubt it.

Something like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271265647827 should fit. If not, because the buckle is on the seat perhaps, then there are loads of different ones in that guy's shop, and on Ebay in general.

Just to add: There are lots of Peugeot vans in France - you could probably find a newer one in a breakers (casse auto) and get the belts from that. They should be in perfect condition because van drivers there rarely use them, or at least they didn't when we were there.
richardstubbs

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Rapport

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Front seat belts

Post by phil the fish on Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:24 pm

Hi Richard I think you hit the nail on the head. Thanks for the info cheers phil
phil the fish

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Exclusive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum