Location of water filters inline or otherwise

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Location of water filters inline or otherwise

Post by Charliefarlie on Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:25 pm

Trying to find the water filters in our 2013 AS Kemerton.. Cant see anything anywhere unless there is one under the adjuster for the water pressure ? Have looked behind the two screwed in panels one under the sink and one in the cupboard but nothing in those areas looks like a filter.

I'm assuming there must be one ? 

I have drained everything down but if a filter remains wet or full of water it may be exposed to frost ? Or am I worrying over nothing ? If there are any filters I would like to clean or replace them as a matter of course.

Thanks. up!

Male

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2013

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Location of water filters inline or otherwise

Post by Charliefarlie on Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:59 pm

If anyone could please tell me where the filters are in their vans it might give ma a clue where to start looking ? 

Thanks.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:08 pm

Hi Charlie
My 59 Symbol had a inline water strainer fitted between the filler and the tank under the van, I think your van will be different underneath ? It froze solid during the winter of 2010/11, it was only discovered in the spring when I went to fill the system up, needless to say it was removed the following winter.
Boaby

No mention of water strainer in my user manual.

Last edited by burlingtonboaby on Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK
Vehicle Year : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:09 pm

Does your handbook actually say you have one?. My Symphony (1997) made reference to one in the book, I could never find one so I phoned AS and was told they never fitted one. May be worth asking them before you strip the van down.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charliefarlie on Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:31 am

Thanks guys ! I have phoned the factory who told me that IF there is one it will be on the back of the filler unit. So practically impossible to get at. I haven't looked yet as I have to dismantle the panels in the cupboards. 

I was wondering if I connect the wee siphon pump up but with no water if it will evacuate the filter (if there is one) and or clear the pipes . 

What do you guys think ? 

Thanks,

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidT on Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:13 am

If you could somehow blow down the filler unit it should shift any water. I'm not sure whether this is a practical solution as it may be difficult to get a sufficient seal around the filler. May be worth a try though. smile!
DavidT

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

View user profile http://www.labucherie.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Charliefarlie on Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:13 pm

DavidT wrote:If you could somehow blow down the filler unit it should shift any water. I'm not sure whether this is a practical solution as it may be difficult to get a sufficient seal around the filler. May be worth a try though. smile!

With the "Whale" system its not really possible to blow down the filler. There is a motorised valve on the back and nothing can go past. I have briefly run the fill pump today though. 

I then removed the cabinet backs for another look. I cant see anything that looks even remotely like a filter. I can see the back of the filler and where the motorised valve is and all of the pipework that is clear with a blue streak looks empty. In fact I cannot see or find any water in any of the pipes anywhere so have to assume its all fine.  up! up! up!

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron on Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:43 pm

The whale filling system is controlled by a solenoid valve. Thst valve has a built in filter which is easily clesned and, if you really want to, can allow you to drain any dreg of water that may be lurking, though in 3 years I have not done so. I have posted pictures of the location on my van on another thread. Cannot search for it myself as am in France. Search for soldnoid valve or similar.

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charliefarlie on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:17 pm

inspiredron wrote:The whale filling system is controlled by a solenoid valve. Thst valve has a built in filter which is easily clesned and, if you really want to, can allow you to drain any dreg of water that may be lurking, though in 3 years I have not done so. I have posted pictures of the location on my van on another thread. Cannot search for it myself as am in France. Search for soldnoid valve or similar.
Can you please explain how I clean it ??? 

Thanks.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:19 pm

http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t11422p50-whale-water-filling-system-on-nuevo

The search is easy to use! I put solenoid valve in and up came a relevsnt post on cheap valve which referenced the above.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charliefarlie on Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:17 pm

inspiredron wrote:http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t11422p50-whale-water-filling-system-on-nuevo

The search is easy to use! I put solenoid valve in and up came a relevsnt post on cheap valve which referenced the above.

The search is easy to use I guess for those not chronically dyslexic like me. 

For anyone interested the gauze filter is in the upper section of the solenoid valve on the back of the filler point.

Our one was caked in gunge and it was also full of water above the solenoid valve. I have now cleaned it and made sure it has no water left in it. Given its close proximity to the outside of the van I would say its a frost risk.
I have also insulated everything in this area using the foam from TLX Gold.. This s very high tech insulation that leaves No debris of particles like fiberglass would.  It is also 100% waterproof so would never retain moisture IF a leak were to occur. It is also a full permeable / breathable insulation. 

I have also fully insulated the water heater and all the pipe work around it using the same insulation but this will be removed before the van goes to Spain in January..

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:25 pm

Good point about the water that is held above the solenoid valve. There is no way for it to get out because the valve needs power and water pressure to open.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenvid on Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:52 pm

I don't know whether this thread is of any interest to the discussion? It references my experience with the inline water filter on a 2002 Duetto:

http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t15268-duetto-fresh-water-filter
Jenvid

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Ford Transit Duetto
Vehicle Year : 2002

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:47 pm

That's a nice idea, Jenvid, but it would be very tight to fit it above the solenoid valve. The filter in the solenoid valve is NOT easy to clean!

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum