campingaz

View previous topic View next topic Go down

campingaz

Post by crogga on Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:54 pm

<p><br></p>going to spain for 5 1/2 weeks shortly.icarry 2 x6kg propane in a tight little cupboard on the side of a peugeot executive.these are not sold in france or spain so i gather the option if we run out will be to invest in campingaz and apparently major supermarkets sell necessary regulators etc.<div>&nbsp; &nbsp;however,will there be a campingaz cylinder to fit in my little cupboard.1 bottle is full and the other has a magnetic gizmo stuck on the side which warns of impending emptiness(too late by then).</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp;we don't use the oven and are only staying on acsi sites in france with 10 amp ehu's should we need a little heat.the problem could be spain with their 5 amp ehu's as we will have to run the fridge on gas.we have a very experienced habitation engineer coming in 3 days time.is he likely to be able to assess the quantity of propane in the current bottle? if it is less than 1/4 full i'll get a refill as 2 full bottles should suffice.</div><div>any body else had this situation or am i worrying needlessly---i do!</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;kind regards</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Crogga<span id="sceditor-end-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="line-height: 0; display: none;"></span><span id="sceditor-start-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="line-height: 0; display: none;"></span></div>
crogga

Male

Auto-Sleeper : peugeot executve
Vehicle Year : 1998

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: campingaz

Post by PLOUGHLIN on Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:05 pm

You could weigh the bottle & contents. The bottle weight is shown on the bottle, so you can assess the contents.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown on Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:14 pm

Yes, I do that. I have a digital luggage scale - it has a strap that you use to lift the item (suitcase or gas bottle) that you want to weigh.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Staff Member
Staff Member

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : October 2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamRienza on Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:34 pm

Hi, we travel in June for about 5 weeks with two 6kg propane bottles, we use most of one, but don't need heat although we rarely have ehu so fridge is constantly on.

To be on the safe side I carry a propane pol to butane adaptor, available from Hamilton gas for about £5.40 this will allow you to use French bottles which seem to widely use the butane fitting for both butane and propane. you do need to look at the neck label of the bottle to get the propane one as this is the only way to tell them apart.

Intermarche is the supermarket of choice for their own brand for this to work. Their bottle is the same height as calor but a teeny bit wider than calor. I reckon I would have to take one of the calor bottles out to fit the French bottle, but a lot cheaper than resorting to camping gaz. There is an excellent item on this by a respected motorhomer, but I can't find the link to the article at present, hopefully someone else can post it.

Some even travel to France with their intermarche bottle as the main supply and carry a calor as a spare which can bridge any gap until you get to an intermarche.

Hope this helps.

Davy
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 on Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:16 pm

moggyminor1966

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crogga on Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:31 pm

thankyou all very much for taking the time to alleviate my anxiety about gas requirements.i now have it sussed thanks to your sharing experience.
               Kind Regards
                Crogga
crogga

Male

Auto-Sleeper : peugeot executve
Vehicle Year : 1998

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum