Carver Fanmaster 4000

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Carver Fanmaster 4000

Post by DAVE1953 on Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:08 pm

Hi,

I have a 1999 Auto Sleeper Talisman GX. New purchase and very pleased with overall condition. The Fanmaster 4000 gas heating works great but the electric elements have given up and need replacing. I have two new elements but not sure how to remove fire or even if I should try. Anybody out there removed a Carver Fanmaster 4000 and is it easy to get into elements. I note the bottom of the heater drops into hole which vents to the underside of the van. Four or five screws down either side hold inner workings to wood surround under wardrobe. If I disconnect gas joint at base and undo screws does it lift out. Not sure if it will rock forward under wooden beam at base of wardrobe.

If anybody can help I will most grateful,

Dave
DAVE1953

Male

Auto-Sleeper : TALISMAN GX
Vehicle Year : 1999

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carver Fanmaster 4000

Post by roli on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:15 pm

Have you tried the Re-Set Button located on the back of the fire. Lift the wardrobe floor and going from memory have a feel on the right hand side find the switch and give it a push. I think it will cure your problem. Lets know how you go on

You are lucky as in 2000 this arrangement was replaced with a pcb and it is a pcb repair/ s/ex replacement

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro on Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:38 pm

Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mikejack on Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:47 pm

As others have said try the reset first and if the elements are anything like the carver 3000 we have. The fan master is just held on the back of the fire with a few self tappers. you take the wardrobe bottom out to get to it easy to do just make sure you are not on electric hookup as you will be messing with 240v. Should be no need to mess with the front (gas part of the fire)

Mike
mikejack

Male

Auto-Sleeper : medallion
Vehicle Year : 1998

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DAVE1953 on Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:19 pm

mikejack wrote:As others have said try the reset first and if the elements are anything like the carver 3000 we have. The fan master is just held on the back of the fire with a few self tappers. you take the wardrobe bottom out to get to it easy to do just make sure you are not on electric hookup as you will be messing with 240v. Should be no need to mess with the front (gas part of the fire)

Mike

Thanks for the reply's and im sure the elements are broken so replacement is the game. I have two new replacement elements its how you get into the old ones that is the problem. I will let you know how I get on. 

Thanks

Dave
DAVE1953

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Carver Fanmaster 4000

Post by DAVE1953 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:22 pm

Well its taken me a while to get round to replacing the electric elements but today I did it. Apuljack Ltd, address below, supply spare parts for the Fanmaster and supply fantastic easy to follow instructions with pictures.  Took me most of the day to remove heater, replace elements and reinstall.  Job done. Heater working like new. I have the instructions on PDF if anybody wants them. I gave the heater a good clean while apart so all is well until the next problem. 

Dave.

Thanks to Paul Wright at Apuljack Engineering Ltd
www.apuljackengineering.co.uk
01278 588 922
The Granary, The Stables Business Park, Rooksbridge, BS26 2TT

T
DAVE1953

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down