Talbot Express driving position.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Talbot Express driving position.

Post by TrickyWoo on Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:13 pm

I am quite short (5'6") and have short legs. Even so, I find that on our 1992 Talbot Express 2.0 petrol, the pedals seem too close to the seat and the seat seems too low down (there is no height adjustment). As it happens I find it quite comfy but I cannot even imagine how taller folk cope. Not sure if it is generally a feature of the Talbot van, never having driven the original commercial van, or whether it's a result of the AS conversion and the false floor in the cab (although that would not affect the height of the pedals, unless AS raised them on the Express). Or did AS deliberately lower the cab seats to more or less match the height of the settees? Anyone any thoughts or comments?

I've got a dragon & I'm not afraid to use it!

TrickyWoo

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman GL
Vehicle Year : 1992

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Talbot Express driving position.

Post by roli on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:51 am

On later models you could get 2 different heights of seat boxes, normally the higher one was fitted and people look for the shorter one so they can make full use of the windscreen
Its good as one of us height impaired people you are considering the tall folks

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Talbot Express driving position.

Post by wakaday on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:31 pm

I had an express for a few Years. I found the seats ok but i did change them for a set from a Toyota Previa with armrests.
Biggest gripe I had was the angle of the Pedals. I found them akward so i cut them down and rewelded them in different positions. A bit extreme but it worked. That coupled with the false floor made it really nice for both us to drive. The icing on the cake though was when i fitted Power Steering.
wakaday

Male

Auto-Sleeper : clubman
Vehicle Year : 1998

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum