Collapsable Washing Bowl & Drainer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Collapsable Washing Bowl & Drainer

Post by Scratch on Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:50 am

Morning peeps.......Scratch here again, this time on a different subject wave 

Just for interest for you folks that use the forum, and maybe like gadgets. My wife recently came across an article on her facebook page regarding collapsable washing up bowls & drainers which would be very useful in the motorhome / caravan. It was suggested that B&M had both items for a reasonal price so we looked at them and brought one on Friday, the bowl was £4.99 & drainer £3.99 however, looking on the likes of Ebay etc they were listed as £10.99 & £7.99 so buyer beware allthumbz thought I would send this over to you all, hope it helps if anyone was considering getting either wave
Scratch

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman
Vehicle Year : 1997

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Collapsable Washing Bowl & Drainer

Post by Traficlady on Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:49 am

We've got the drainer and it's very handy. I stand it on a draining mat, also from B&M because we don't have a draining board in our van and there are holes in the bottom of the drainer.

They have colapsible buckets too for about £3.99.

Nora

Traficlady

Female

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:03 am

We bought our washing up bowl from B&M too and it has done two long trips with us and shows no sign of wear. We don't fold it though as it will travel in the sink with the lid down. It's perfectly designed to fit the Broadway sink.  We were so impressed we bought two, one for a spare.

We also have a folding gas kettle  (Outwell from Go Outdoors) which is excellent; no smell, no taint in the water and it folds down to something the size of a large book and so takes up little cupboard space.
Quilter

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:11 am

Hi Quilter, what a great idea, a folding kettle hugegrins When we brought our Peugeot Talisman there was a whistling kettle in the cupboard, but the handle appears to get too hot so might just have a look at the folding number  think_smiley_46
Scratch

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman
Vehicle Year : 1997

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:42 am

Scratch wrote:Hi Quilter, what a great idea, a folding kettle hugegrins When we brought our Peugeot Talisman there was a whistling kettle in the cupboard, but the handle appears to get too hot so might just have a look at the folding number  think_smiley_46

We were a bit suspicious when we bought it, expecting it to scorch or smell, but it has been an unqualified success and frees up a large space under the oven as well as meaning less scrabbling about on my knees under there !   Our one doesn't whistle but there are makes that do.
Quilter

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:10 pm

I bought a large collapsible washing up bowl from the Norfolk show, it has a straight edge the rest is round,  fits and travels in the sink was £9.99 though from the show, they only had one left so shows how popular they are, also a drainer it is rigid, has slots on the sides to take cups or glasses,  two cutlery compartments and a tray which also acts as a lid so can be used for storage enroute, one of my best buys. doesn`t fold down but fits nicely in the top flap under the sink.

Amazing what is available these days, very different when I started tenting in the 60`s
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman
Vehicle Year : Oct. 2003 VW 2.5 TDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roli on Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:51 pm

I am just about to buy the Outwell Collapsable Gas Kettle, saw one in use last weekend and got good reports.  Will have a look at GoOutdoors but had planned on Amazon

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TrickyWoo on Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:56 pm

I'd hankered after these collapsible silicon items ever since I first saw them but I thought they were far too dear for what they were. But at these prices £3.99 each I rushed out to B&M & got myself the drainer (not seen the drainer b4) and the bucket (they'd sold out of the bowl) today. Just the job for in the van.

I've got a dragon & I'm not afraid to use it!

TrickyWoo

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman GL
Vehicle Year : 1992

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum