OH NOOOOO..........NOT GAS!!!

Go down

OH NOOOOO..........NOT GAS!!!

Post by PennyandDerek on Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:39 am

Radio 4.... the BBC!!!!.... giving credibility to this old chestnut.

Apparently, the yobbos have carefully worked out the volume of a whole villa.........

Supposedly turned up with a whole low-loader of this, hitherto, unknown anaesthetic gas.........

The motorhome fraternity will have to rise up en-masse to try to quench this one. With the name of Jenson Button attached......that's going to be censored! hard!

Derek
PennyandDerek
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES Lowline
Vehicle Year : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OH NOOOOO..........NOT GAS!!!

Post by Bobskate on Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:47 am

Yes I did hear that but in their defence they did go on to report 11 Australians were claiming asylum as they feared persecution upon their return in a few weeks. Off topic I know. ;-)
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit on Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:50 am

YAWN.

I'm feeling a bit sleepy.

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate on Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:51 am

Gromit...is that the gas or cricket?    Or both?
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit on Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:55 am

The gas Bob. The cricket was quite exciting - while it lasted! lol4

Just for the record.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dave
Gromit

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pablo on Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:41 am

What amazes me is that with a net worth of $105 Million (!) he even bothered to mention it! It is like us losing a fiver somewhere walking around the supermarket - petty cash to him! confused3 (what's happened my emoticon!)
pablo

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brodco on Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:37 am

Hi wave

The first thing I heard on our local radio was that Jenson Button had be the victim of a narcotic gas attack. Later on the TV news they said "Police have indicated that narcotic gas is sometimes used" (or words to that effect), not the same thing at all.

As usual there was no specific police officer quoted, no details of where the evidence came from or the hospital or doctor that would have had to confirm it!

I used to have faith in BBC news reporting but lately it seems to have deteriorated to the half baked and ill informed reports we get in the newspapers.

A recent example would be the "EU bans powerful vacuum cleaner" story where the facts were taken completely out of context.

During the day they had someone in the studio who explained what was happening very clearly and why the story was "misleading" at least.

By the evening news the BBC were back to the old story again. Why let the facts get in the way of a good story!so angry

Brod

Last edited by brodco on Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelink mistook)
brodco

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1997

View user profile http://www.eurotherm.co.uk/en-gb/products/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit on Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:14 am

I admire the public spiritedness of the criminals who do the gassing. Model members of society they are.

Never do they chuck their empty gas cylinders down. They always take their litter home with them! Whistle1
Dashed considerate of them I say - except that the Royal College of Anaesthetists would love to know what they use! confused3

Dave
Gromit

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iank on Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:14 am

The thing that I have not seen anyone comment upon with this or any other similar "story" is how the burglars remain unaffected by the gas.  If they have to pump in enough to fill a MH or a villa it would take quite a while to disperse, leaving the burglars susceptible to its effects.  
Either that or just look for the people carrying around large tanker sized gas cylinders and breathing apparatus  - none of which is easily concealed.
iank

Male

Member Age : 56
Auto-Sleeper : Palermo
Vehicle Year : 2002

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike on Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:12 pm

I always thought this was an insurance scam. Holiday makers coming home with plenty of money etc. smile!
However does any one know Jenson? He comes over as an honest chap to me.
It would be nice to hear from an actual person's case ,not a friend of a friend story.

Micky
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brodco on Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:24 pm

Hi wave

mikethebike wrote:However does any one know Jenson? He comes over as an honest chap to me.
But we don't know that he did say it (or if he did what makes him believe it).
mikethebike wrote:It would be nice to hear from an actual person's case ,not a friend of a friend story.
Even then there's a problem.  You can't be sure without other evidence!

Many years ago I had a job that involved visiting customers at home. There we a number of "Walter Mitty" characters who came up with all sorts of weird and wonderful stories that were just not true. Why, I don't know because most of them seemed perfectly normal, had nothing to gain, and actually seemed to believe what they were saying. I'm sure anyone that has worked with the public will have a similar tale. hugegrins

Since then I double check anything that anyone tells me that doesn't seem right.

Brod
brodco

Male

Member Age : 63
Vehicle Year : 1997

View user profile http://www.eurotherm.co.uk/en-gb/products/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:37 pm

iank wrote:The thing that I have not seen anyone comment upon with this or any other similar "story" is how the burglars remain unaffected by the gas.  If they have to pump in enough to fill a MH or a villa it would take quite a while to disperse, leaving the burglars susceptible to its effects.  
Either that or just look for the people carrying around large tanker sized gas cylinders and breathing apparatus  - none of which is easily concealed.
Hi there,

We usually hear about "gassing" on the "How Safe is Wild Camping" Thread .... allthumbz

.... where it has been noted that the thieves are apparently impervious to whatever gas they use!!  lol4 lol4

Incidentally, just in case the thieves are really safety conscious, the Police should be looking for clean-shaven thieves .... allthumbz

.... because bearded people generally can't wear breathing apparatus .... Whistle1 Whistle1 

.... "Elementary my dear Watson!" to quote someone who knows about these things! allthumbzallthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:54 pm

Hi there,

On the "memory" part of the burglary story, when I was a Policeman I once attended a house on Christmas Day morning in response to a complaint of theft.  The house was a mess and the toothless, unshaven and hung-over wreck that presented itself at the door in response to my knock turned out to be The Complainant.

Within seconds he had explained that he had thrown a party the night before and one of his guests had stolen his set of false teeth!  Not just the top or bottom plates but the full set!!

Obviously a major crime that had to be treated with all the respect it deserved, especially as I was missing my Christmas Dinner to be there!

I asked him to start at the beginning of the evening and walk me through the events as to when the individual suspects (he accused his next-door neighbour) arrived and departed from the party.  It was when he got to the bit where he said ".... and then I had to go outside to throw up." that I started to formulate a theory; but I allowed him to continue to the end.

Finally, when he finished a description of what sounded like a great party, I walked him outside to the external privy that was provided with his house and there, nestling in the bowl of the toilet, was a complete set of false teeth! allthumbz

I will stop my explanation right there but I will say that .... wave wave

.... what he did after fishing his false teeth out of the toilet and shaking the water off them, completely spoiled my Christmas Dinner! tap_fingers tap_fingers

Maybe experiencing things like that is responsible for my heavy leaning towards being cynical!! lol4

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:55 pm

Ah now! The Beeb have involved a "motorhomer", who believes he was gassed during a robbery on his van, to give credibility to the story.  Suppose the usual £2000 in cash, several smart phones and several ipads were taken rolleyes

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vwt4 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:47 pm

I used to an Anaesthetic technician at local hospital for many years, and the volume of any gas would be absolutely immense to fill a house let alone a motorhome,  I give no credence these storys at all.

mike
vwt4
vwt4

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1994

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Swansea Jac on Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:47 pm

We have air conditioning at home.  When it is switched on, the windows and doors are closed, so that we cool the house, not the whole neighbourhood. heat

How did these robbers manage to get in?  Maybe all the guests had a splendid meal with lots of wine and brandy, and, forgetting to lock the doors and windows, flopped out in their respective rooms, in states of alcohol induced deep sleep... party019 

That might even explain the fact that several of them felt a bit groggy the following morning?  It happens!  irestmycase

I feel for the girl, losing her engagement ring, however .... whether is cost £250,000 or £2.50, it was special to HER, even if Mr Button can afford to replace it many times over.
Swansea Jac
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Legend
Vehicle Year : 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:59 pm

Askit wrote:Ah now! The Beeb have involved a "motorhomer", who believes he was gassed during a robbery on his van, to give credibility to the story.  Suppose the usual £2000 in cash, several smart phones and several ipads were taken rolleyes
Hi there,

I saw that .... allthumbz

.... apparently the thieves managed to render two adult humans and a dog sufficiently comatose to break into the van .... look here look here look here

.... but without harming any of them!! snigger snigger snigger

I'm amazed that the Beeb didn't interview the dog because the story gets more ludicrous by the day!! gimmefive gimmefive gimmefive

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down