Curtains in Clubman GL

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Curtains in Clubman GL

Post by jane66 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:53 pm

I've had my clubman a year or so and would like to wash the curtains (a diligent soul I am). It looks really fiddly to get the curtains off the hooks (except for the windscreen one) as they're behind the boards and even worse to get them back on again. Has anyone done this and is there a simple way to do this that I've missed? think_smiley_46

Female

Auto-Sleeper : VW Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Curtains in Clubman GL

Post by Doris on Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:44 pm

It is fiddly the curtains on our executive needed replacing they were past washing and were beginning to rot. The easiest way to get them down and back up was to remove the screws at the centre of the curtain rail, bend the rail down slightly and slide the runners and curtains off the rail. Reverse the process to get them back on. This worked for the side curtains, the back window is more difficult as there are no centre screws and you need to undo one end only. Getting then off is easy putting them back requires you to lean backwards over the sink/cooker so you can see what you are doing. Best of luck.

Louise
Doris
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jane66 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:46 pm

Thanks Louise. I thought it didn't look easy!

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:11 pm

Hi Jane66, I removed the curtains in our Clubman to wash them as they were filthy when we got the van. It is not easy but I removed the screws in end stops at the middle of each curtain then they slide off the rail, probably a further stop at the other end of curtain. Getting the slides back is another thing I found it much easier to use a small pair of pliers ( I used the pliers on my Leatherman ) easier than fingers to push the slides on one at a time then replace the end stop. A word of warning tho I put all ours back then three months later made new curtains so had to take them down again and put new ones up!!  up!
 Baz
Baz
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:27 pm

I removed the rail completely with the curtains still attached, just had to take out the two end screws, when down, slide curtain to end one hook will slide off take of the other screw that is between the first and second hook and the curtain will slide off , then take of the other curtain, easy to put back on with rail down, my rail just clips into the brackets, I have taken them down twice in this van and once in my first van, took me a while to find the easiest way.

Had to sit on settee with back to window and put head back to  do it. the cab curtains were better just took of two end screws on one side and both curtains came off that side, no need to take that rail off, then feed both curtains the side you took them off. 

Hope this helps.
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jane66 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:33 pm

All good stuff, thanks folks smile!

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doris on Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:08 pm

Hi Daisy Mae
Doris being an older 1992 model did not have clips at the side or back and the rails are screwed in with very small screws.

Louise
Doris
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jane66 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:58 pm

Well folks I've got them off successfully. Wow were they dirty! Took end stops off and then curtains. Putting them back looks fiddly but I'll try it with rails in situ as taking rails off looks worse! Thanks for all your help and ideas smile!

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum