Avtex 12v TV Fitment in Talisman

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Avtex 12v TV Fitment in Talisman

Post by Scratch on Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:42 am

Hello everyone, Scratch here again wave  Now that we have got to grips with the workings of our first motorhome, we now want to replace the TV that was given in the sale with an Avtex 12v TV. The current inherited set only works on the mains when hooked up so it makes sense now to choose a 12v set. I am torn between the Avtex L186 DRS 18.5" or the L165 DRS 16" shrugg having measured each set spec so that it will fit in on a wall bracket behind the passenger seat it looks like the 18.5 might be a little big therefore, has anyone out there fitted an Avtex to their MH shrugg we have a 97 Peugeot Talisman........I know it's personal preference, but does anyone have any suggestions which one would look better allthumbz 

Scratch up!
Scratch

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Avtex 12v TV Fitment in Talisman

Post by Dutto on Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:04 pm

Hi there,

We have a 1998 Duetto and we can see and hear our tiny Avtex TV wherever we sit; so this is "perfect" for us.

Before we bought our own motorhome, we hired one in the USA for two months.  The van had a huge TV that totally dominated one end of the accommodation, but at the end of the day it was still only a TV.

My only advice is to bear in mind that there are usually much better things to do in a motorhome than watch the telly! Whistle1 Whistle1

Hope this helps. allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:40 pm

I have the 16" Avtex I wouldn`t want any bigger in my van, don`t watch it very much but  it is always there if the weather is dire a change from reading. also it plays DVD"s

Your van is slightly bigger than mine depends where you site it, mine is on the side of the cocktail cabinet, it is a comfortable height for viewing which ever settee you are on also from the cab.
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Avtex 12v TV

Post by Scratch on Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:06 pm

Thanks for the info Daisy Mae up! We visited a friend over the weekend who also has a Talisman albeit a 2007 version and he has a 16" Avtex situated on a swivel arm behind the passenger seat, not sure that is a good position to place it as he has two bench seats where our 97 Talisman has 4 x seat configuration, 2 x forward facing, & 2 rear facing so I need to really determine the best position for the TV with the above in mind allthumbz
We are also looking at getting a CADAC but again, there are many CADAC's to choose from shrugg
Scratch

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown on Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:16 pm

Scratch, you started a new thread - I have merged it back into this one.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Staff Member
Staff Member

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Malvern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:26 pm

Scratch wrote:Thanks for the info Daisy Mae up! We visited a friend over the weekend who also has a Talisman albeit a 2007 version and he has a 16" Avtex situated on a swivel arm behind the passenger seat, not sure that is a good position to place it as he has two bench seats where our 97 Talisman has 4 x seat configuration, 2 x forward facing, & 2 rear facing so I need to really determine the best position for the TV with the above in mind allthumbz
We are also looking at getting a CADAC but again, there are many CADAC's to choose from shrugg
We have the Cadac safari chef, powered by Camping Gaz, ideal size and fits under the seat or in the rear Fiamma box.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drex on Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:54 am

daisy mae wrote:I have the 16" Avtex I wouldn`t want any bigger in my van, don`t watch it very much but  it is always there if the weather is dire a change from reading. also it plays DVD"s

Your van is slightly bigger than mine depends where you site it, mine is on the side of the cocktail cabinet, it is a comfortable height for viewing which ever settee you are on also from the cab.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I am looking at getting a tv aerial installed, and like you, I want to sit the tv on the cocktail cabinet.

But can I ask, what aerial do you have on the roof, and whereabouts does the cabling for it, come into the van ?

Did you use the aerial socket that is situated on the side of the cocktail cabinet ?
drex

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:25 am

Hi, I have lost the aerial that was on the roof, my husband drove under a low bridge, last week ouch!! I did have the Status 530 that is an old model now so having it replaced with the Status 550/570 , the cabling and controls are in the original TV cupboard over the cocktail cabinet, ( which I use as a cereal cupboard )it was there when I bought the van, if I had the choice I would have had it in the wardrobe, then again it is easy for the TV as it is on the side of the cocktail cabinet on a bracket, yes have socket, aerial point and 12volt on the side of the cocktail cabinet. hope it works out for you

I don`t think there is room on the side of your cocktail cabinet as the top over the fridge isn`t as wide as mine, this is what Ken told me, Wingrider, he has the same model as yours. I cannot remember where he put his.

Best regards,
Margaret
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drex on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:11 pm

Thanks, for the information.

Sorry to hear about your accident though :(
drex

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fitting an Avtex TV

Post by donchiv on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:40 am

In my Gatcombe, I have fitted an Avtex L186DRS inside the drinks cabinet.
It fits perfectly inside the cabinet with the doors closed when travelling and swivels out for viewing., also the the bottle rack and glasses rack are still usable and the 12 V feed and aerial cable are inside the top cupboard and I have drilled a hole through the shelf to feed the cables to the new TV position.
I have mounted the Tv on a double arm TV bracket which has a locking pin  to secure in when fully folded.The bracket had to be packed out to centralise the Tv when folding into the cabinet. Also the door refitted in "bifold" system and hinged nearest the rear of the van.
donchiv

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bongopilot on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:13 pm

I made a shelf from plywood that fits on the armrests of the front seats for our 19inch telly we have used this for the last five years and we have found this to be the best place for it as her indoors can watch her soaps while cooking dinner and you can watch breakfast tv while still in bed waiting for the van to warm up
bongopilot

Male

Auto-Sleeper : executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:19 pm

hello everybody wave Don't know why I am getting replies about the Avtex as I sold the MH 2wks ago, it wasn't for us so I think it's now a tourer. Thanks for all your advise up!
Scratch

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum