The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rattle drivers door only on rough roads

2 posters

Go down

Rattle drivers door only on rough roads Empty Rattle drivers door only on rough roads

Post by johndean Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:56 pm

Picked up our new NUEVO ES/EK couple of weeks ago and went on tour of North Wales next day, no real problems whatsoever water filling with plug in hose worked fine on board gas worked well, however no real rattles quite quiet  but the drivers door rattled badly on rough roads fine on smooth roads, it seemed to come from the strange door blind area and we are wondering if anyone got any ideas how to quieten it Down a bit.
By the way we found turning of the gas when travelling much easier by turning the yellow tap on the gas tank quite easy to get to rather than turning off on the tap under the square plate I could just get to the yellow tap by bending over and reaching up.
Cheers
John Dean
johndean
johndean

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : !2019

Back to top Go down

Rattle drivers door only on rough roads Empty Re: Rattle drivers door only on rough roads

Post by Charliefarlie Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:38 pm

Rattles are very hard to find but easy to eliminate IF you can find them.. The real problem is they are like ventriloquists and the sound can be way off where you think they are coming from. 
To cure most of ours I had a driver up front driving while I was in the back trying to find them. 
Yours if they are from the drivers door should be easy to track down. I would start by removing the door card so you can have a mooch round and see if there is anything obvious. If not drive up the road preferably a quiet road and see if that makes it sound. 

Rattles from the actual vehicle IE Peugeot are covered by warranty so you could try getting in touch with the base vehicle manufacturer . Thats what most would do but I would look myself first.

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Rattle drivers door only on rough roads Empty Rattle from drivers door over rough roads

Post by johndean Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:46 pm

had a look at this rattle from drivers door on the Nuevo while stationary , very difficult to test while driving as it's just by my right ear and holding on to anything is difficult, anyway it appears to come from this drives door blind which folds away into door frame, the blind is very thin paper like material which is lightly clipped when away , when out doesn't rattle so much, I will get dealer ( selling )to have an look only rattles on rough roads perfectly silence on smooth roads. Did find another rattle while testing the large paper like clip in centre of dash, this clip doesn't open on this model due to an airbag fittement and can be damaged if you try to open it. A small bit of foam tucked into corner out of sight did the job.
Regards
John Dean
johndean
johndean

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : !2019

Back to top Go down

Rattle drivers door only on rough roads Empty Re: Rattle drivers door only on rough roads

Post by Charliefarlie Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:19 pm

It is almost impossible to diagnose these annoying traits without having access to the vehicle. 
Even then it can be very hard... Sorry I cant help more..

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down