Accident my pride and joy

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Accident my pride and joy

Post by m8form8 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:20 pm

We are on our 2nd joint rescue dog, and my 7th and this one is terrible if left alone at all. Early days we got him at Christmas and he is young still. Like Margaret's he is a dog guard destroyer, but also a Houdini with any dog cage so far.  He is a right little chewer, 2 seat belts demolished, leather back seat of car skirting board wallpaper and even the wall by his bed. If he escapes his cage if left for a while like in the motorhome he goes mad, just had a new set of curtains made as he shredded everyone when he was able to escape his cage after being left 10 minutes in the motorhome. But I won't send him back and like his predecessors he will have a long life with lots of love now he is with us.
BACK ON TOPIC..
Glad to hear it is not looking to serious from upstairs windows now your home Margaret. Hope soon repaired and your back to being able to enjoy it as I know you do.  broomstick
m8form8

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:50 pm

Thanks everyone for advice and good wishes, much appreciated, feel better about it now , it was the shock at first I think just couldn`t believe it. there we were in our funeral clothes ( on our way to a funeral )   in a motor home stuck under a bridge in Suffolk and then picking the bits up, must have looked funny to folk walking by.  smile!
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman
Vehicle Year : Oct. 2003 VW 2.5 TDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

low bridge in ireland

Post by galavanter on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:12 pm

think it was Richard Harris on a chat show years ago said he went over to visit his father in Ireland who had a lorry business meanwhile he went to a pub and got bladdered his father called him and asked him to do a delivery, tried his hardist to get out of it but ended up having to do it, couldn't let his dad down so he set off down a country lane where their was a low bridge he stopped and studied the bridge still bladdered then had a thought if I go really  really fast I might get away with it but needless to say he got stuck fast he sat for ages contemplating until the Garda arrived when asked what on earth he was doing he said  Iwas delivering this bridge and  I broke down hugegrins
galavanter

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : gatcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Swansea Jac on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:27 pm

lol4 lol4 lol4
Swansea Jac
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Legend
Vehicle Year : 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:44 pm

lol4 lol4 lol4 brilliant like it.
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto on Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:24 pm

Hi there,

The Richard Harris tale brought back a memory!

As a young lad I often wondered just how my managers got away with reassuring everyone that "The project is on time and under budget!" one day and then the very next day trying to explain "The project has been delayed by 'X' days!"

Then I became a Commissioning Manager on a Water Treatment Plant in Saudi Arabia.  The project was "on time and under budget" .... allthumbz

.... right up until the lorry driver tasked with delivering a Lime Kiln to the docks in Genoa decided to take a short cut to the docks! tap_fingers

By the time the Lime Kiln had hit the bridge, been torn off the lorry and rolled down the road the project was "Delayed by three months and severely over budget!" shrugg   shrugg

Happy Days!! allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocolate Daisy on Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi Margaret,
So sorry to hear about the accident, glad you are getting over it. Hope your hubby is feeling better too, he must feel bad having damaged your pride and joy
Chocolate Daisy

Female

Member Age : 55
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2002

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:29 pm

update.......

Went to AS at Willersey this afternoon, Mark said I was very lucky, could be much worse,  he is putting the quote in the post should get it tomorrow. having the new Status aerial in place of the 530 that was on, should get it repaired in 2-3 weeks as he has to order the Heki2 dome.

Thanks Chocolate Daisy.
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:34 pm

So glad its not too serious. I was afraid that if the roof bars had been hit hard the roof itself may have suffered serious damage. You can sleep easier now.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:08 pm

That was my worry too Paul, the ladder and bars are slightly damaged but nothing that cannot be put right, the aerofoil will just need a good polish to get rid of the scratches, a new chimney is required , that`s a good idea as Mark said it was the original one, so new one will be resealed, Mark did say that the Monocoque bodies are strong. pity they don`t make them now. price I expect.
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by m8form8 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:22 pm

They are built like tanks, I've discovered that  hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins not saying how LOL. Glad to hear no major damage done to yours Margaret and soon your pride and joy will be fully restored to as good as.  wave allthumbz snigger Just hope hubby did not do too much damage to that bridge and you get a bill for its repairs after it falls over from his assault with your tank! lol4
m8form8

Male

Member Age : 59

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:21 pm

lol4 lol4 lol4
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Swansea Jac on Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:58 am

Glad to hear you've been to A/S, and it can all be sorted!  gimmefive Now.... R...e...l....a....x!   sleep on pillow
Swansea Jac
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Legend
Vehicle Year : 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:17 pm

Glad you have been to see Mark he made a really good job of repairing my Nuevo last year. I had reversed into a car park alongside a very large skip and when I came to set off my wife said turn left as you are close to the skip so for some reason-put it down to old age!-I turned right and there was a very large crunch.
The lug on the skip they use to lift it had gouged into the edge of the rear panel and the whole panel was almost completely detached. Fortunately the wires to all the lights were still intact. My wife had to lift up the panel as I drove very slowly to get it off the lug.
We were going to France quite soon but still managed to go held up with gaffer tape and some large washers and bolts!
Needless to say the bill was quite large but claimed on insurance.
I know just how you felt as I was gutted and had nobody to blame but myself. smile!
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 71
Vehicle Year : None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:32 pm

Ouch !!! moggyminor 1966  what bad luck, so easy just takes a second or two, pleased it was sorted and a good job done.
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:39 am

daisy mae wrote:update.......

Went to AS at Willersey this afternoon, Mark said I was very lucky, could be much worse,  he is putting the quote in the post should get it tomorrow. having the new Status aerial in place of the 530 that was on, should get it repaired in 2-3 weeks as he has to order the Heki2 dome.

Thanks Chocolate Daisy.
Hi Daisymae
Pleased you went to see Mark at Willesey, you mention you are replacing the Status aerial? I have just replaced my old Omni aerial with the latest Status 580, I had to get the long pole version to push it up to clear the fins on the roof of my van. The short pole version is the Status 570.
Early trails locally have proved excellent.
Hope all goes well with the repairs.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK
Vehicle Year : 2008

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:20 am

Hi burlingtonboaby, there were two aerials on the van when I bought it, a Status and an Omni one, they were both both knocked off in the accident, why the Omni one wasn`t taken off when the Status was put on I don`t know, ( there were on opposite side of the van, perhaps the first lady owner wanted the choice of them both, so the one I was using ,Status  the handle  is  in the old TV cabinet above the cocktail cabinet, I am having that replaced with the new version, the other one was due to be taken off as redundant,  I already have the blanking plate and sealant.

Thanks regards,
Margaret
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top