Reich mixer taps

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reich mixer taps

Post by Scratch on Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:57 am

Morning all wave further to my earlier post regarding the replacement of mixer taps over the bathroom sink. I have had a quote of £75 + vat to fit with a new mixer tap, have looked at various threads on the internet and the cost of the Reich varies anywhere from £30 to £40 depending where you get it from up! does anyone know, or has anyone replaced such taps, if so is it an easy job  shrugg the fold up sink part is straight forward as it comes away from the the retaining lugs, but the tap gubbins seems to be sealed when the sink has been taken away, can anyone help  shrugg
Scratch

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reich mixer taps

Post by Tallboy on Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:46 am

Morning Scratch,

The whole of the  sink unit has to be removed from the bathroom wall (not as difficult as it sounds, its only 4 screws) to access the tap mountings and sink drain. However, most of the problem with replacing these taps is that there is very little free play in the pipes supplying them, and it can be difficult to get the sink unit more than 4 inches from the wall. Three wrists on each arm would be very helpful. Do a search on 'bathroom taps', there's quite a lot on the subject.
TBH, if someone had quoted me £75 to supply and fit replacement taps I'd be very tempted...

Rich
Tallboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : '99 T4 Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reich mixer taps

Post by Scratch on Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:56 pm

Thanks for the info Rich up! . Have looked at the situation for myself and yes, only 4 x screws to remove the complete system mmmm however, If I attempted to do this job I would probably end up spending more than what I have been quoted, so I recon I might leave it to the pro's this time around content Since having the MH which is now 6 wks, we have spent a total of £730 getting it to the level / standard we are looking for which included a FULL service, CAM change, NEW exhaust, NEW rear brake cylinders x 2 & 2 x wiper blades as the previous owners had simply done nothing to it in the twelve months they had it..........the engine even sounds alot quieter now than it did when I picked it up, it was like a bag of nails  snigger i've also started using Shell - V - Power nitro which has also made a BIG difference to the once noisy cams.
Scratch

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum