Replace mixer taps in the bathroom

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Replace mixer taps in the bathroom

Post by Scratch on Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:34 pm

Hello everybody, Scratch here again wave

Now, having had our 97 Peugeot Auto Sleeper for 6 weeks it has had a FULL service, new CAM change, NEW exhaust as the one that was fitted was not the correct size, it was in fact a 60mm with a pipe fitted on the end of the tail pipe with self tappers mmmm and NOT 65mm as it should be, so I recon that was a bodged job mmmm, it's also had 2 x new rear brake cylinders so that should be it for now however, the cold tap in the bathroom area has now shot so need to replace with new mixer taps confused3  does anyone know how to take the fold up sink off, and is it an easy job to fit such taps shrugg 
also, when the fresh water tank is FULL I just cannot get rid of the air in the system despite checking the Carver bleed screw nothing happens, anyone got any ideas that might be useful shrugg 

Scratch
Scratch

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Replace mixer taps in the bathroom

Post by meanchris on Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:04 pm

Some of the fold up sinks have a little tab that can be pressed in to remove the sink, ours ('95 Exec) doesn't.

I had to remove the entire moulding to get at the sink drain receptacle, when the drain hole got blocked with soap and water started to run out onto the hab floor while we were in France last year.

Take out the mounting screws that hold the sink unit to the wall and gently prise the moulding away from the surrounding sealant.

The taps are pretty easy to work on if you have a modicum of DIY skill IMHO.

Make sure to check that the sink drain tub/gulley thing is clear of blockages while you're at it.

Replacement of the sink moulding is a simple reversal of removal, with the addition of cleaning off all the old sealant and then re-sealing with silicon bathroom sealant.

Re air in the water system, ours was also like this, and I eventually noticed that the carpet just behind the driver's seat was getting damp every time we ran the water pump as well. It turned out that the plastic pump housing had distorted due to age, causing the pump to leak water when under pressure and to suck in air when trying to pull the water from the tank. A new pump head for approx £40 solved both problems.
meanchris

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum