Dorset site recommendations

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dorset site recommendations

Post by Dougrdf on Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:08 pm

We've just got back from some 10 days in Dorset, staying at 3 sites, namely:

Toms Field, Langton Matravers. We paid £18.00 per night, no electric hook-up. It was an ok site, but very busy and a bit of a free for all type camping place so can soon become cramped. Facilities were not too great in comparison to those say, of a CCC/CC site and I thought it not too good value. We visited a much hyped pub, the Square and Compass as we wanted an evening meal but they only sell pasites, and expensive ones at that.... However, there was a much better pub in the village, only a few minues away which was much nicer, so that got our custom. 20p to use a rather naff shower too!

Then to a site called Graston Copse, just out of Bridport. Although geared for static caravans, the camping site for tents, caravans and motorhomes were very nice with plenty of space and more to the point, well priced too. We paid £15.50 for a non-electric pitch and it was very good. Excellent toilets, no charge for showers ,etc. Easy walks into the village through a corn field and alongside a river where there are two pubs, a post office-come-shop, so not a bad place at all. You can also walk to Hive Beach, where crab sandwiches, for instance [locally sourced, organic, artisan, hand dived - or to put it a better way, expensive] were on sale for a measly £18.00 a pop. Sadly, I didn't bother confused0 

Lastly, a site just outside Lyme Regis, called Hook Farm. Priced at 19.00 a night without electric. Very slightly regimented to my mind, and it reminded me of my old CC days....  Wood fired pizza on Wednesday nights at a tenner a pop and upward if you wanted more than just a cheese topping. Again, seeing as I know what a pizza costs to make, wood fired or other wise, I passed on that. However, there's a reasonable pub in the village some 20 minutes walk away where we had a very nice meal and a few beers for just over 30 quid, so better value gimmefive   You can walk to Lyme Regis from the site too, though expect it to take some 45 minues. I recommend getting a cab back for just over a fiver, seeing as its all uphill....

Hope thats of use to you up!
Dougrdf
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1996

View user profile http://www.classicpinballs.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Dorset site recommendations

Post by bikeralw on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:51 pm

Very informative that, thanks. Dorset is one of our favourite places in the UK. If you visit again I can recommend this place for a peaceful stay.
 http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/golden-cap/visitor-information/article-1355844460050/
bikeralw

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuggiegreen on Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:55 pm

We have stayed many times at Bagwell Farm very near Weymouth on the Chickeral road.
Shuggiegreen

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1997

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddbthemedallionman on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:58 pm

The Best of British site at East Fleet Farm in Chickerel is very good.
eddbthemedallionman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Medallion
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum