Gatcombe Blinds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gatcombe Blinds

Post by Bagabargin on Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:29 pm

Hi again wave , well we've had our maiden voyage in our new to us Auto Sleeper Gatcombe, and what fun we're having finding places for things.... And moving them again ! Anyway we've been problem solving this weekend , telly is now in telly cupboard after a lot of head scratching scratch head , and now ... The window blinds ! I can see what they're supposed to do , but they don't seem long enough to fit in the notches , is there supposed to be some clips in the end that are perhaps missing ?? shrugg  I'm hoping someone can tell me , and if so can I still get some from  Autosleepers ?  I think it was mentioned on here previously but didn't  get  resolved .  If anyone had the same problem can they let me know what they did . Thanks.
Bagabargin

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gatcombe Blinds

Post by daisy mae on Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Yes mine was the same when I first bought her, the dealer fitted the little end pieces in a bit fiddly, have done a couple since myself, have to gently tilt the blind so that one end comes proud of the casing to get to the end bit and then the little end pieces ( don`t know what they are called ) just slide in the end, repeat the other side if missing. the dealer ordered from Auto-sleepers.

I don`t think the blinds are that good myself after decades of having caravans, these seem fiddly to get to stay up,

Last edited by daisy mae on Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagabargin on Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:24 pm

Thanks daisy Mae, it's as I suspected , will investigate further , I agree ,we had seitz windows in our van conversion , much less fiddle y , will get in touch with Autosleepers and see if I can get some
Bagabargin

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagabargin on Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:36 pm

Just as an update , Autosleepers don't have any end clips:fedup:
But it was suggested that I screw in some small screws into the black bits instead shrugg what black bits? !!!  Will have to investigate , was very helpful about replacement decals tho , van in storage so will have a look later in the week .
Bagabargin

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:22 pm

I haven`t any black bits either, if you have some end pieces ? if you take one out, perhaps you will be able to get something that will do the job, a screw I would have thought could damage your window if it came out. hope you sort it, little things can be so frustrating at times.

Regards,
Margaret
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagabargin on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:17 pm

I have to send an email with the pic of the decals so they can make sure they're the right colour so I might send one of the blind ends to make sure we're singing from the same hymn sheet !
Bagabargin

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elbowflex on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:55 am

Hi there!
Your Blinds are I think, made by Remis and the end inserts you need are available at www. camping-online,co.uk (0845 259147) the end inserts are made of black plastic and are "handed" so you will need to order a left and right for each blind.
We have a 1999 Amethyst and these are the one we needed to get our blinds fixed.Hope this helps.
Geoff

allthumbz
Elbowflex

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagabargin on Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:34 pm

Thanks Geoff , I will have a good rummage to see if I can find any clips that have fell off, now that I know I should have some ! Then I can contact that link to see if I can get the correct ones. I am surprised that Autosleeper don't have any and that company does tho .
Bagabargin

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:20 am

Bagabargin wrote:Hi again wave , well we've had our maiden voyage in our new to us Gatcombe, and what fun we're having finding places for things.... And moving them again ! Anyway we've been problem solving this weekend , telly is now in telly cupboard after a lot of head scratching scratch head , and now ... The window blinds ! I can see what they're supposed to do , but they don't seem long enough to fit in the notches , is there supposed to be some clips in the end that are perhaps missing ?? shrugg  I'm hoping someone can tell me , and if so can I still get some from  Autosleepers ?  I think it was mentioned on here previously but didn't  get  resolved .  If anyone had the same problem can they let me know what they did . Thanks.
Yes, just found some, Blackmore Leisure

Seitz Blinds End Insert

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Margret

Ooops! just re-read post before this one, if mine don`t apply just ignore. Well it is late. shrugg

Last edited by daisy mae on Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : re-read post)
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagabargin on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:06 pm

Thanks Margret, I have ordered some , but out of stock at mo , they are black and mine are white, (found two ) so hoping they fit ! Found them listed at Leisure Direct  . allthumbz
Bagabargin

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum