Was it a member with a Talisman today ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Was it a member with a Talisman today ?

Post by daisy mae on Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:57 pm

I was at Reluxe this afternoon and a couple with a Talisman asked to view my van, they were there looking at materials  for their van, , I forgot to ask if they were members of this forum, so wondered if they were  from the forum.?
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman
Vehicle Year : Oct. 2003 VW 2.5 TDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New Re-furb

Post by Scratch on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:01 pm

Hi Margaret.

Was speaking with Casey today (Reluxe) regarding your completed re-furb with Casey saying that it looked stunning, pictures to follow I hope up! She also said that she sent out some samples to me last week which I never received so that we can see what is on offer, the samples are being re-posted for tomorrow. Our MH is going in for a FULL service & Cam change tomorrow (Friday) so I just hope that nothing untoward is found content 

On a not so good a note!! Been trying to get hold of the guy how sold us the van just to ask a few questions about certain things before we go away in July. Called him Tuesday, he put the phone down on me shrugg sent txts that WONT go through scratch head finally sent a txt that got through today but as yet NO ANSWER thats why I hope the garage DON'T find any problems tomorrow as I recon we might have been stitched up as he has had his money and now doesn't want to know shrugg we shall see.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any similar situations ??
Scratch

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman
Vehicle Year : 1997

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was it a member with a Talisman today ?

Post by -mojo- on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:56 pm

Scratch wrote:I recon we might have been stitched up as he has had his money and now doesn't want to know shrugg we shall see.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any similar situations ??

Was it bought in a private sale or from a dealer?
-mojo-

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:06 pm

Hello Mojo. No, it was on Ebay but negotiated the price. The FULL service & Cam change will cost £450 / £500 but the questions I wanted to ask of him didn't relate to the service, or the cam change they were totally seperate shrugg Just tried another contact without success shrugg NOT good news confused3
Scratch

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:53 pm

Scratch,

That doesn`t sound good, hope things are not as bad as perhaps you are thinking, does take the shine of things for you though.

I bought privately, then sold that van privately then bought my present van from  a dealer, I was fortunate everything was above board and went smoothly.

Will post photos when I can do them, were late back from Reluxe, had to go out today, maybe going to a motor home show tomorrow, so will do asap. everything isn`t finished yet, Reluxe part is, I am doing the rest.

Best of luck with your van.
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- on Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:25 am

Scratch wrote:No, it was on Ebay but negotiated the price.

Ok - this may sound harsh, but you have to remember that with a private sale, what you bought was a van, and that's the end of it. If the seller doesn't want to answer any of your questions post-sale, he's not obliged to. There's nothing intrinsically bad or worrying about this - he may simply have other things in his life to be getting on with!
-mojo-

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:58 am

I sell and buy on eBay,

A  seller will always communicate with a buyer if they are any good,

I have 100% excellent feedback, and this attitude helps, whether before buying, after buying,  I always read feedback of seller before I buy if not 100%-98.9% I do not buy, this doesn't help Scratch I know but is in answer to mojo `s reply.

So any reputable seller will communicate for good customer relations.
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ebay Sale

Post by Scratch on Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:59 am

Hi Magaret. Yes, it was an ebay sale. All I was trying to contact him for was to ask about the solar panel trickle charge until that is currently plugged into a cab socket by way of a 13amp plug shrugg im really not sure how it operates if at all shrugg + STILL I cant get the fresh water filler cap off to be able to re-fill the tank scratch head Took it in this morning for its service + cam change and even the guy at the garage couldn't get the cap off mmmmm confused3 just have to see what the outcome is when I get the van back wave
Scratch

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:21 am

I had difficulty with my water filler cap as well as the fuel cap, on mine put in key   press in slightly turn a little way on fuel cap I can hear a click,  release pressure , then it will turn easily and come off, took me a few times to get the hang of it though. will go and check water cap now to make sure I have told you correctly, haven`t touch it since the beginning of winter, then I have to remember what I did. scratch head

regards,
Margaret
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:35 am

Yes, I need to get it sorted asap as we have booked a week via the CC CL sites @ Perhams Green Farm Devon
just to see how we get on with living in a box so to speak hugegrins don't want to make an * Inappropriate Word * of myself by not knowing what I am doing ha! ha! biggrin
Scratch

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:48 am

Well I have tried numerous times and couldn`t get mine off, so in desperation I Googled it
Loads of MH`s have this problem and is a well known fault.

I have now got my cap off.
I sprayed gently on the key hole with a silicon spray, put in key turned it without pushing it in, until the key wouldn`t turn anymore, then took key out and cap about fell off. up!

Will now go to see if I can get it back on  and locked. biggrin I keep it locked as when I first bought it someone decided they wanted it, I had difficulty when I first had the MH to which key it was, I have lots of different keys all to do with the MH.  Some times the little plastic bits inside can break off,
they are not very substantial.

Hope you get yours off, I will now smear mine lightly inside with Vaseline, lots of info on line.

I got it back on and locked , then tried  to take off again, nothing doing until third attempt success, there seems to be two positions for the locking mechanism, kept trying and it all works as it should,   until the next time.   snigger

Last edited by daisy mae on Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : putting cap back on.)
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Swansea Jac on Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:07 pm

daisy mae wrote:I had difficulty when I first had the MH to which key it was, I have lots of different keys all to do with the MH.

We have loads of keys too.  confused3 We put different coloured plastic covers on the big bits (which are held on by the keyring), leaving the important ends free.... and little bits of matching coloured insulation tape under the locks they fit... It works...even for forgetful old codgers like us! topmarks
Swansea Jac
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Legend
Vehicle Year : 2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:15 pm

Good idea Swansea Jac  now after two years know which key goes where. I did think of something like that but never did it, now it must be imprinted somewhere in the back of beyond, my mind. biggrin
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f on Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:02 pm

I had trouble with my cap on my trident. this might help
http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t3255-opening-cap-of-water-tank-fill-topaz
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum