Service & Cam Belt Change

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Service & Cam Belt Change

Post by Scratch on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:27 pm

Hello everyone. Well, after owning our first MH for just over a week, and ringing round 5 garages in our local area with none of them ever getting back to me I have finally hit the jackpot hugegrins MH forum on Facebook recommended this particular garage as being first class up! sure enough, the quote was emailed to me within the hour and it has now been booked in for a FULL service & a CAM change all for £450 allthumbz I recon that's very reasonable up! Now for the next bit. Before we venture out on our first holiday outing I wanted to familiarise myself with the workings of the MH as I don't want to make a fool of myself with others watching ha! ha! snigger tried to get the cassette box out of it's fixing without success shrugg pushed the yellow plate at the bottom of the compartment to release the cassette but it wont budge scratch head any ideas shrugg Next. thank you for the info on how to open the fresh water filler cap, followed the instruction but still can't open it, have tried every which way scratch head anyone have any more ideas on how to perform this annoying task Whistle1 

Thank you all
Scratch

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman
Vehicle Year : 1997

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Service & Cam Belt Change

Post by Paulmold on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:51 pm

Make sure toilet blade is shut before trying to remove the cassette. Depending on model some cassettes are removed by pressing down the yellow plate and some by lifting it.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:02 pm

Hello Paulmold. When you say the toilet blade, do you mean the open / close mechanism within the loo itself inside the van ? Our model is the Peugeot Talisman, there is a yellow plate under the cassette, on reading the illustrations on the outer door it looks like its operated by pressing down the plate scratch head will have another look at it later and follow your advice to see if that works allthumbz
Scratch

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by terrybrinklow on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:05 pm

definitely make sure the toilet blade is shut [open & close the blade again] inside.on my cassette it requires the yellow plate to be lifted and then the cassette pulls out.usually I grab hold of the yellow plate lift and pull at the same time.
terrybrinklow
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:10 pm

Thanks Terry, will try that as well allthumbz have you had a problem taking off the fresh water filler cap at all shrugg as I just can't get it off, unless I am doing something drastically wrong lol4
Scratch

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by terrybrinklow on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:22 pm

did have a problem.it requires to be pushed in and then turned anticlockwise about 30 degrees then it pops out and pulls out.dont forget it can be locked with a key  its a long time since I locked mine if ever.I freed mine off with light use of WD40.now I just wipe the rubber washer once a year and the petrol cap rubber at the same time.
terrybrinklow
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:26 pm

Good advice Terry, will try whatever it takes to sort it up! 

Thanks
Scratch

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:25 am

Coincidently, I've just emptied my cassette, & on my Talisman, & on mine, the yellow pad is PUSHED down flat & at the same time, push in the cassette slightly to clear the pad, then pull it out, sometimes the pad cannot be pushed down as its hard up against the cassette body, hence the 'pushing-in' bit first!!
Remember to press the yellow button as its emptied,  this vents air into the container to allow rapid emptying.

Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 1998

View user profile http://www.modelslipway.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:46 am

Thanks for that info modelman, it get's more confusing as the learning process progresses hugegrins
Scratch

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cassette toilet removal

Post by bogsvan on Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:30 pm

On my Clubman Anniversary the the blade has to be in the closed position and then the yellow plate is pushed down to remove the toilet cassette.
bogsvan

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman
Vehicle Year : 2003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch on Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:07 pm

Everybody, spot on with the cassette removal up! I finally managed to release it however, I wish I hadn't shrugg Thought I would empty it as is seemed to have liquid inside................WOW the STENCH knocked me back moi thinking, if this is what you have to do then forget it. After reading the manual regarding the cassette relating to adding 120ml of chem in the cassette, then add enough water to cover the bottom of the cassette it smelt alot better up! .......this clearly wasn't the case on its removal as i recon the prevoius owner left it as it was errrr shrugg just hope iv'e done it all the correct way allthumbz no doubt the comments will roll in hugegrins
Scratch

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:51 pm

I know a guy who bought an American RV from well-known dealer B******lls and found it had been left full to the brim. That's some pre-delivery check eh! So you are not the only one to inherit someone elses ****.

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch on Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:57 pm

Question is: 'Have I done the right thing by emptying and refilling as it states in the book of rules ' shrugg 

Couldn't imaging driving around with another FULL tank of someone elses **** let along getting one from a dealer *******lls as you mention confused3
Scratch

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:31 pm

Yes leaving it in a ready-to-use state is fine, but empty completely when winter comes as well as draining flushing tank.

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:40 pm

I have washed mine out with hot soapy water when I first had it, to be sure to be sure, that it was as clean as could be, saying that the van had hardly been used, peace of mind though.

In the winter when drained down, I still use it, but carry a bottle of water to flush with a spot of liquid washing detergent in it, the same as I put in the tank anyway, do not use pink rinse .
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Vehicle Year : Oct. 2003 VW 2.5 TDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thetford Cassette

Post by Scratch on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:51 pm

Ahhh.........the old pink chem shrugg glad you mentioned that one. I did spot a couple of bottles of different coloured chems whilst in the van, the pink is for flushing I recon ??........good tip on washing with w/up liq as long as its ok to do that  all I have done at the moment is to follow the book guidelines.

Next thing on the agenda is to find a suitable place for a week in July in Devon / Cornwall to stay up! or anywhere that is not already booked during the busy season...........ohhh yes, we also need to cater for the dog rolleyes
Scratch

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:56 pm

Not washing up liquid, washing liquid for clothes,  cheaper the better, Aldi, Lydl, etc.
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Vehicle Year : Oct. 2003 VW 2.5 TDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum