The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evacuation following lpg leak from campervan

5 posters

Go down

Evacuation following lpg leak from campervan Empty Evacuation following lpg leak from campervan

Post by rogerblack Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:32 pm

Local service station evacuated due to propane leak from campervan:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It doesn't say whether this from from an onboard lpg system but if so will increase likelihood of further bans on filling those at petrol station lpg pumps.

cheers
Roger
rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Evacuation following lpg leak from campervan Empty Re: Evacuation following lpg leak from campervan

Post by Cymro Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:41 pm

Oh dear. The implications for those of us with refillable systems could be a nuisance. I hope that a full report will emerge in due course, clarifying the circumstances.

Thanks, Roger, for alerting the Forum so quickly to this story.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Evacuation following lpg leak from campervan Empty Re: Evacuation following lpg leak from campervan

Post by Dutto Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:51 pm

Cymro wrote:Oh dear. The implications for those of us with refillable systems could be a nuisance. I hope that a full report will emerge in due course, clarifying the circumstances.

Thanks, Roger, for alerting the Forum so quickly to this story.

Cymro
Hi there,

I agree with Cymro and I reckon it will certainly impact on others with refillable LPG systems!

However, Murphy's First Law (*) is ....

"If it can happen it will happen."

I've been caravanning and motor-homing on and off for well over fifty years without feeling the need for a refillable system.

The bottled LPG gives me flexibility with regard to Propane or Butane (depending on the season) and I can park up for months on end without having to move the motorhome to a service station to refill the LPG tank ....

.... so, the refillable systems may deliver cheaper LPG but are they really a benefit? (*)  scratch head   scratch head

Best regards,
drinksallround

PS

The (*)'s are in memory of Brian Murphy who is sorely missed when this subject comes up. twiddle_thumbs twiddle_thumbs

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:02 pm

I use a lot if gas as I try and avoid EHU sites, don't normally stop in one place long enough to empty the tank so works very well for me up!. Plus of course with not the best back in the world I don't have to lug bottles around.

Last edited by Jaytee on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Soelling)

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Machloop Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:19 pm

The bottled LPG gives me flexibility with regard to Propane or Butane (depending on the season) 

That's true, but for many years now I have used propane in all seasons, certainly from -10 to +40 
without problems. Is there a need for the 'flexibility' to use butane ?  
Indeed does anyone else change gas with the seasons ?
allthumbz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Machloop
Machloop

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:22 pm

In the caravan I do use butane summer and propane winter. More therms per pound smile!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down