Newbie Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newbie Questions

Post by Bagabargin on Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:02 pm

Hello everyone wave, newbie Gatcombe owner here , well on the 13th we will be , and we're so excited !! 
         One a two questions to start with that I'm hoping someone can help with, we notice the habitation door retainer may have been replaced as it's very short and the door opens very close to the fridge vents. I understand that auto sleepers did put a long retainer on at some point , and I'd like to know if they are still available ? If so where from ? 
           Also , has anyone put a microwave in the telly cupboard !!!!! Lol  hugegrins  Any help gratefully recieved. 
But when we pick the m'home up I'm sure there will be some more questions later . So be warned  snigger
Bagabargin

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Questions

Post by Jaytee on Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:28 pm

Hi there and a big welcome to the forum allthumbz someone will know all the answers.

Last edited by Jaytee on Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:32 pm

Hello and asof_welcome2 from Leicestershire.

I bought a new retainer last year a stronger one , not any longer as far as I could tell, my 2003  Anniversary Clubman is virtually the same as a Gatcombe, I haven`t had a problem with the door opening on to the fridge vents, not even last year when on a show site using the gas for the fridge over 4 days and it was hot, the weather that is .  :hugegrins:the fridge kept cold .

I don`t use a microwave so  I haven`t fitted one. I have  my TV on a bracket at the side of the cocktail cabinet, the original TV cupboard, after taking TV turntable etc.  out I use for cereals, bread bin, biscuits tin, cake tin, etc as there really isn`t anywhere else to put cereal packets. wouldn`t get a microwave in anyway as I have the directional TV aerial winder in there.

I find these vans are a tardis, I keep mine loaded up all the time, I still have two empty cupboards.

Exciting times ahead, mine is my everyday vehicle, I find it invaluable, love it, easy to drive, comfortable, economical . and self contained, what more could you want.
Enjoy, any questions just ask, lots of knowledgeable folk on here.

Regards,
Margaret
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roli on Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:49 pm

The extender that AS used to put out with the vans was OK until it needed replacement then it was overpriced.
I seem to remember 50mm being the suggested gap between the door and the van.
I made one up from bits out of an accessory shop.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagabargin on Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:57 pm

Thanks Margret and Jaytee ,  first thing I noticed was how much storage there is ! I must be patient and wait and see how we use it , before I plan to alter things , I shall miss our currant van conversion our first  m,home , but I'm counting the days !  Ta for the measurements  Roli  , will bare that in mind , Regards Elaine
Bagabargin

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Talisman John on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:32 pm

I have a 2004 Talisman with similar problem of fridge vents being covered by habitation door when opened. Although it came with an extender this does not hold the door open if its a bit windy. I have drilled a small hole in each part of the plastic catch and used some stiff wire(coat hanger wire) about 4 inches long to hook into the holes. Held firm in recent windy weather!!

Talisman John
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagabargin on Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:58 pm

Thanks Talisman John, we're thinking the diy route now too. Have some ideas to try WHEN we get the m'home , it's like being a kid waiting for Santa  ! Lol Whistle1Whistle1bouncing
Bagabargin

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Swansea Jac on Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:24 pm

Sooooo exciting!  Good luck with your collection trip!  And happy camping! allthumbz
Swansea Jac
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagabargin on Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:41 pm

Thanks Swansea jac
Bagabargin

Female