Replacement toilet/shower

Go down

Replacement toilet/shower

Post by RDCol on Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:15 pm

Hello Folks,

I'm new to this so please excuse me if I've posted in the wrong area.
I'm looking for Symbol type van conversion or possibly a Nuevo coachbuilt conversion. I'm looking a campers around the £10K to £14K mark but the problem with a lot of vans in this range is the toilet/shower rooms are usually past their sell by date and in need of an upgrade. I don't have a problem tackling the job of removal and re-fitment of a new set up, and would actually enjoy taking on a job like this during the winter months (better than watching TV). Can anyone suggest a source for a replacement that will fit the standard room supplied by Autosleepers? Can anyone suggest an alternative arrangement maybe? Has anyone tackled this job with success?
Thanks in advance for any help with this.
Cheers,
RDCol
RDCol

Male

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle Year:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Replacement toilet/shower

Post by Paulmold on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:06 am

Well I think you can discount the Nuevo, you won't find one within your budget so that leaves van conversions such as Symbol/Duetto and I cant see there is much you can do to redesign such a small space. You can't move away from tip-up basin with bench toilet beneath. If you simply want to replace them with new units then O'Learys or Magnum are your best bet.

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:56 am

Hi
   unless you are buying at the low end of your budget and remember things always cost more than you think and Autosleepers are top end.,think seriously if you do need to upgrade,because trying to get old fitting out can be a night mare and you probably will only be able to fit the same again.I would look carefully and buy the best you can afford,I ended up spending a lot more but in the end I think I have got a top of the range motorhome which needs no upgrades of changes
  regards Alan
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RDCol on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:16 pm

Thank's Fellas,

See what you mean about the price of the Nuevo. I can't justify that much cash to only use it on odd weekends and a couple of weeks away per year. I want more of a day/weekend van to be honest, that is why my budget it where it is. Thanks for the heads up for suppliers of replacement units though.  up!
RDCol.
RDCol

Male

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle Year:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulwest55 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:18 pm

Hi RD col we went throw the process of removing our washroom in duetto as we found the space very restrictive and changed the layout to suite us it works brilliantly.but it was a big job too remove and we did have the odd moment of what have we done and as everyone says it may reduce resale value but for us it's a keeper you can see our progress on our duetto link on profile
Caz and Paul
Paulwest55
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

View user profile http://www.our-duetto.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content