The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting headlamp converters to a Nuevo II EL

4 posters

Go down

Fitting headlamp converters to a Nuevo II EL Empty Fitting headlamp converters to a Nuevo II EL

Post by malc&jenny2 Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:38 pm

Hi everybody.
We are having our first trip abroad in our (recently bought second hand) Peugeot Boxer based 2011 Nuevo II EL motorhome this weekend and I'm trying to work out where I'm meant to put the headlamp converter disc on the headlight cluster which is covered by a curved plastic shield for when we are travelling in France.

The guidance that came with the Eurolites say the sticker should go at '7 o'clock' in relation to the dipped beam, but I think this is intended to go on the light itself rather than the shield which is above it. There are no markings on this shield to provide any guidance.

Has anyone else tried doing this or can offer any clues?

I can provide a photo of the headlight cluster - although I'm not sure how to 'attach' it to this posting.

Thanks
Malcolm Dixon, York confused3
malc&jenny2
malc&jenny2

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo II EL
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Fitting headlamp converters to a Nuevo II EL Empty Re: Fitting headlamp converters to a Nuevo II EL

Post by Cymro Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:09 pm

I can't comment with direct reference to your product but I can suggest what is meant by the "seven o'clock" position. I do so having, for many years, adapted my headlamps for continental use by masking that part of the headlight glass which shines the light on to the UK nearside (which, when ovreseas, shines into the eyes of oncoming drivers).

On my old T4, the headlight lenses had markings - the cuts in the lens which deflected the light (like a Fresnel lens). At first I thought that the directions I had been given were wrong: they said that - looking at the lens from in front of the vehicle - I should mask an area which was an arc from the centre to two points at the left edge of each lens, between say 35 after the hour and 45 after the hour. Indeed, I was supplied with adhesive, opaque platic films in such a shape.

Thereafter I never bothered to buy, but - like other members of this Forum - I simply stuck insulating tape over that segement, on each headlight. Worked perfectly - as could be seen by parking in front of a wall and trying headlights in the dark.

It was easier where the headlamp lens had markings.

Now these days the lens has no marks. And I don't know whether that's because they are no longer lenses (such that the beam pattern comes from the bulb/ lamp itself). If that is indeed the case, then of course my sticky tape method won't work because the light isn't being deflected by the headlamp cover.

Over to experts!

Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Fitting headlamp converters to a Nuevo II EL Empty Re: Fitting headlamp converters to a Nuevo II EL

Post by oldfred Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:41 pm

If you use the search box and type 'beam deflectors' and 'conversion'' you will find many posts on this topic.

7 o' clock seems counter-intuitive compared to where I used to stick the tape but is correct as the dipped bulb is in a reflector.

I have left mine stuck on and kept my beam setting a '1' for two overseas holidays now and have had no problems passing the MOT.
oldfred
oldfred

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramblers Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:39 am

I buy the Eurolites and I find the instructions that come with them to be quite clear: it indicates that for the Boxer post 2006 you use 'diagram 2' which is further clarified by 'example 1'. This shows the circular only piece placed in the 7 o'clock position in relation to the centre of the bulb in both the outside lenses which is easy to locate by squatting in front of the vehicle. Have driven frequently in both France and Spain with the headlight set at position 0 and have never been flashed by an oncoming vehicle.

I hope this helps ... unless I have misunderstood the problem.

Jeff
Ramblers
Ramblers

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down