New Purchase

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New Purchase

Post by meanchris on Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:06 pm

Good advice re the vents, we had to replace all the domes on ours as the plastic had aged and cracked around the screw holes, and was letting water in through the cracks - cost of replacement domes around £100 for three IIRC.

We've since replaced the front MPK vent with a Mini Heki type rounded dome, and the previously annoying wind noise at above 50mph has effectively disappeared.

Also check the spare tyre condition, and that its cradle can be wound or dropped down, don't get caught on the motorway with a flat and no spare or jack/wheelbrace as modelman says, it's embarrassing and expensive.
meanchris

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:57 pm

Just had a browse, looks good actually, I see a hab check was done 2013, sticker on near side rear,

As for the beds, if you have them as singles, which are the easiest option in my view, easy to get out / in to and still get to the loo and kitchen, if using Duvalays  as they have a memory foam mattress  attached this would even out the separate cushions, and make for a comfortable nights sleep, otherwise a memory foam topper. I have found Duvalays  store easy and just unfold  on to settee ,bed made , just fold over the once and bed unmade. I store mine in the luton, or if your has an over cab bed, up there.

Good luck with your purchase.
Regards,
Margaret
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New Purchase

Post by Scratch on Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:58 pm

Hello Margaret, thanks for all your info.

Have just checked with the seller regarding the hab check, he tells me that he didn't have it done so it's an mmmm with one shrugg  I have also found out that there have been 4 previous owners, with the last one prior to the current owner being a family friend scratch head so it's another mmmmmm on that one as well. It seems to have done a fair mileage (77k) for a 97 model, or is that about right for the age shrugg 

Ian
Scratch

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris on Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Our '95 van had done just under 70K when we bought it two years ago, so similar to your prospective purchase.

You can check the previous MOT's online with the Reg No, V5 Ref No/MOT Ref No, could be worth looking at previous mileages.

As long as everything works, the 'owner's' title is clear and there's no outstanding HP, what can possibly go wrong...go wrong...go wrong.

hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins
meanchris

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thank You

Post by Scratch on Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:24 am

To everyone who has supplied us with ongoing advise,information, do's & dont's regarding the proposed purchase of our first Talisman motor home I would like to say a BIG BIG THANK YOU allthumbz your comments are most valuable indeed.........it's a mine field out there shrugg  We are still not sure on how to tackle it,or even go ahead to take it further as many questions still roll around in our heads scratch head However, time is ticking away fast as we are supposed to be travelling to the North West on Sunday to collect mmmmm think_smiley_46

Ian
Scratch

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Breakdown Cover

Post by Scratch on Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:59 pm

Hello All.

Regarding our proposed purchase of the Talisman. I have just checked with our breakdown cover to see if we would be covered with our existing policy, the answer is YES allthumbz however, there have been changes recently introduced regarding weight etc therefore, can anyone confirm the general data of the 1997Talisman with 2.5 diesel as I don't have that info to hand wave The new restrictions I have been given are: W= 2.55mtrs L=7.00mtrs H=3mtrs and weight= 3.5 anything outside of these figs would not be covered mmmmm shrugg something else to consider.

Ian
Scratch

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum