Rapport spare wheel covers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rapport spare wheel covers

Post by petern on Sat May 23, 2015 3:01 pm

I need a new cover for the spare wheel for my 1993 Rapport (Renault Trafic base) which is R14 size (approx. 24 inches in diameter) but all I can find (Amazon, E-bay etc) seems to be for larger wheels - 28/29 inch diameter).

It would be appreciated if anyone has any ideas about where I can get the right size.

petern
petern

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Rapport

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rapport spare wheel covers

Post by Paulmold on Sat May 23, 2015 3:28 pm

I found loads on Ebay stating for 14" wheels, don't all give diameter but this any good..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spare-wheel-cover-13-14-black-M-/181574967187?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a46b61f93

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by petern on Mon May 25, 2015 10:51 am

Thanks for the prompt response and info. I think I had been confusing the diameter of the tyre and that of the wheel (rim)! One learns a little every day, even if one can't remember it well!

Regards, Peter
petern

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddioke on Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:51 pm

I thought I had too (found one on ebay) it was listed as medium size 13 / 14" it nearly fitted, I recon a car wheel is a diffrent profile to a van wheel? thats why I didnt contact the seller, I had also missplaced the packaging too:shrugg:
eddioke

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Renault Trafic Rappo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by petern on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:39 pm

Just to report that I ordered a cover from the site mentioned by Paul but the M size did not fit so I got them to exchange this for a L size which fits although It is a bit baggy and does not stretch drum tight over the wheel like the covers for Land Rovers etc. However at £5.99 it's still a good bargain! I've also discovered that it is not completely waterproof and in heavy rain, water collects in the folds at the bottom of the cover. However making a small hole at that point has solved this.

petern
petern

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by richardstubbs on Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:13 pm

There was a 14" plastic wheel trim lying in the verge by our house unclaimed for a couple of weeks so I put that on mine. Looks lovely. Might be an alternative to a cover. A set of four isn't too much even.
richardstubbs

Male

Vehicle Year : 1988

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddioke on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:32 pm

richardstubbs wrote:There was a 14" plastic wheel trim lying in the verge by our house unclaimed for a couple of weeks so I put that on mine. Looks lovely. Might be an alternative to a cover. A set of four isn't too much even.
Cheers Richard 1st thing I ever bought after buying the van was a set of wheel trims (before all the MOT nonsense started) I will try the best of the old one's on when the vans back from getting the Cam belt fitted tomorrow or monday.
eddioke

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Renault Trafic Rappo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum