Talisman good buy for a newbie?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Talisman good buy for a newbie?

Post by Northern Swimmer on Thu May 14, 2015 9:32 pm

We are completely new to motorhomes and are looking for a reasonably compact 4-berth motorhome to take me, my husband, my teenage son and my dog around the Highlands and Islands and for short overnight trips from our base on Mull. We have found a 2005 PEUGEOT BOXER 330 LX MWB 2.8 HDI with automatic transmission for sale and wondered if anyone had any suggestions , recommendations or advice for us. I like the look of the Talisman - not too large and boxy, and the internal finish looks quite good quality.

Thanks
Northern Swimmer

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Talisman good buy for a newbie?

Post by Paulmold on Fri May 15, 2015 4:40 am

The Talisman is an excellent choice but if its the one on EBay from Preston be very careful. A Talisma of 2005 should be around £24000 especially from a dealer (there is a 2001 on EBay for the same price). That price of £18491 is a very peculiar price. Check it thoroughly, is it an accident repaired one? Check log book matches vin plate etc.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roli on Fri May 15, 2015 5:38 am

The 3/4 berth Talsiman would be a good option, but apart from Pauls warning ASAIWA there were no Boxers with Auto Transmission made by AS thats why in that period they ran equivalent models on the Transit.    
I notice from the registration number it was probably supplied new by Marquis so I dont know if they could have persuaded AS to build on an Auto

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman on Fri May 15, 2015 7:56 am

May I suggest you have a 'trial' with your son getting up & into the overhead berth, the reason I mention it is that I have a 2 berth Talisman, (lockers instead of a bed)
& although a good size, I wouldn't fancy an adult up there, teenagers have a habit of growing a bit sharpish. hugegrins He may well 'fit' now, but not next year!!
I've always felt that when they say '4 berth', they really mean 2 adults + 2 children.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

View user profile http://www.modelslipway.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Swimmer on Fri May 15, 2015 2:00 pm

Thanks for all your replies, yes it was the one in Preston, thought it looked a bit too good to be true. We are also considering an Amethyst, but it seems quite a bit longer.
Northern Swimmer

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Fri May 15, 2015 2:26 pm

Northern Swimmer wrote:Thanks for all your replies, yes it was the one in Preston, thought it looked a bit too good to be true. We are also considering an Amethyst, but it seems quite a bit longer.

Autosleeper Ravenna 2001 2.4 diesel at Perthshire motorhomes Aberuthven, PH3 1EL
Autosleeper Nuevo 2003 EK ES at Border cars Ayr KA8 9HE.
Autosleeper Amethyst 2004 St Andrews motorhomes Fife

The above vans are on their websites, hope this helps
Boaby

(Expats Arygll &  Bute)
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roli on Fri May 15, 2015 2:45 pm

The Amethyst is a bit longer, and also on the more popular Transit chassis so no exorbitant Peugeot prices for spares

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

BUYER BEWARE.

Post by spondoncbx on Fri May 15, 2015 10:47 pm

Hi Guys,
              I,m new to the Forum,only had one campervan previously and  was looking for a Talisman.After extensive search liked the look of one on Ebay, O5 at £18,491.I,m a Marine Engineer and like to think I,m nobodies fool confused3 .Everything seemed to check out with this Talisman,but something was nagging me ,it,s not right shrugg .So after doing three vehicle checks it finally emerged that finance owing on it.So be warned,seen this happen to a guy once before,purchased in good faith only to have it taken away by the men in black!Never got his money back either which was a considerable sum.
       Hope this does,nt  upset anyone as a first post ,I believe in warning others whom maybe interested.So if anyone has a decent Talisman for sale please get in touch.
Regards
spondoncbx.
spondoncbx

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Sat May 16, 2015 5:49 am

Paulmold wrote: That price of £18491 is a very peculiar price.

Checking this sellers 'other items for sale', I notice that they have lots of vehicles (mostly vans) with prices ending in 81 or 91, strange when they also have them ending in the usual 50 or 95. So maybe the pricing is weird but nothing to worry about but that motorhome is too cheap. Their Ebay feedback is not great though, remembering that feedback cannot be left against classified ads.

Also check out their 'google reviews' here..      https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=bRRqVKy4OPKq8wfs-4K4BQ&gws_rd=ssl#q=good+car+company&lrd=0x487b720a82696d47:0xe91cb7fc0be5d2f3,1
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum