The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

washroom sink leaking

5 posters

Go down

washroom sink leaking Empty washroom sink leaking

Post by gemdeco Sat May 09, 2015 6:36 pm

hi
   took my new to me Surrey to Peterborough for it's maiden voyage drove like a dream no real issues except one the washroom sink leaks all over the floor I hope it just goes into the shower tray and has caused no damage.the waste does not seem to be connected properly when viewed from above,when I loked at the back of the sink at the access panel it seems that there are 4 white plastic screws to take the panel off,unfortunately it looks like the heads have been destroyed,infact there are bits of white plastic in the shower tray,you cannot spot everything when you do a predelivery inspection AEG say they will sort it but I must take it back 200miles round trip I know they will not have the parts has any one taken this panel off ,I cannot do anything as I has just had an accident (broken humerus and bone in ankle)you cannot fall 20ft without something breaking anyone any suggustions one other problem habitation door will not lock am I doing something wrong 
   Alan
contact 01372 454822
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

washroom sink leaking Empty Re: washroom sink leaking

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat May 09, 2015 8:47 pm

gemdeco wrote:hi
   took my new to me Surrey to Peterborough for it's maiden voyage drove like a dream no real issues except one the washroom sink leaks all over the floor I hope it just goes into the shower tray and has caused no damage.the waste does not seem to be connected properly when viewed from above,when I loked at the back of the sink at the access panel it seems that there are 4 white plastic screws to take the panel off,unfortunately it looks like the heads have been destroyed,infact there are bits of white plastic in the shower tray,you cannot spot everything when you do a predelivery inspection AEG say they will sort it but I must take it back 200miles round trip I know they will not have the parts has any one taken this panel off ,I cannot do anything as I has just had an accident (broken humerus and bone in ankle)you cannot fall 20ft without something breaking anyone any suggustions one other problem habitation door will not lock am I doing something wrong 
   Alan
contact 01372 454822
Hi Alan
Sorry to read about your broken bones and your sink waste leaks, might be worth asking AEG if you can get the repairs done at a National Caravan councils approved workshop local to you.
My local Motorhome dealership is NCC approved and handled some work under warrenty on my Nuevo.
When we exchanged vans last year, we stopped near the dealership for a few days to snag the van and try everything out.
Hope things turn out well for you.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Sun May 10, 2015 6:28 am

Hi
   I wanted to take it back to Auto Sleepers for repairs as they would have  I hope any parts that may be required but AEG are not keen on that idea
  Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by padraigpost Sun May 10, 2015 8:48 am

Hi Alan,
          I have had exactly the same problem when I had a Surrey, I removed the rear access panel without to much difficulty behind which you will find the 2 supply pipes hot & cold, you will see that there is a push fit connector on each pipe one of which was leaking on mine, if I remember correctly they are 12mm straight connectors and are available from good motorhome dealers, I think I bought mine online from leisureshop direct, they are only a couple of pounds each,the new ones are a simple push fit on but the one you remove is more difficult to remove as you ideally need 3 hands as while you try to pull the pipe away from the connector you have to push in a metal coller which grips the pipe while holding the connector, it sounds complicated but once you see what you need to do it is quite easy.
Don
padraigpost
padraigpost

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Mercedes Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Sun May 10, 2015 9:42 am

Hi Don
 I think it is the waste outlet were the problem is is does not seem to be attached to the sink
  thanks for the reply what do the plastic fixing screws go into is it a plastic or metal thread as the heads are mangled and I am concerned that the main structure may be damaged
 thanks Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by padraigpost Sun May 10, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi Alan, as far as I can remember I think they screw into plastic but I am not 100% sure, I managed to get all 4 of mine out ok but there was 1 that was difficult, I know that my leak was from a supply connector as you could see the water coming out then once it drained down to the level of the connector it stopped until you operated the tap again and the pipe refilled, hope you can get the problem fixed ok, I also had loads of tiny plastic granules in the shower tray I suspect A/S did not  bother to clean up after drilling all the screw holes, it took a long time to get them all as I think there was loads of it inside the swing wall, sorry I cannot be more helpful.
Don
padraigpost
padraigpost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 Sun May 10, 2015 8:13 pm

Hi Alan I removed the inspection panel on the rear of the swing wall on my Nuevo and there are plastic screw cap covers held on with silicone and they can just be carefully pulled off with your fingers. Then they are just pozi head screws which just go into plastic.
Whilst I did not have a leak I did under the kitchen sink and wanted to check to be sure. The waste pipe is just a push fit on. If you do replace any of the 12mm push on fittings make sure you get Whale fittings as they push onto the metal stem from the tap and other makes including John Guest will not grip the metal stem suffiently. I know because I tried a cheaper fitting and it came off!
If the screw heads have been chewed up then looks like someone has bodged it at some time as the screws will never be tight.
Hope you can manage to remove the inspection panel.
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

washroom sink leaking Empty leaking sink

Post by gemdeco Mon May 11, 2015 7:08 am

Hi
  thanks  are the screws like plastic number plate ones ,what do they screw in to I am concerned that they may be cross threaded and the whole unit is scrap
   Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 Mon May 11, 2015 8:01 am

Hi Alan the screws are normal metal screws and only screw into the abs plastic unit.
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

washroom sink leaking Empty neuvo sink

Post by bobby bullen Sat May 16, 2015 8:50 pm

just taken delivery of 2004 model sink has stain in plastic dealer says cant change as AS dont have any for that year any in stock.thanks
bobby bullen
bobby bullen

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo boxer 2004
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun May 17, 2015 9:23 am

bobby bullen wrote:just taken delivery of 2004 model sink has stain in plastic dealer says cant change as AS dont have any for that year any in stock.thanks
Hi Bobby
Welcome to the forum from Bridington.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by padraigpost Sun May 17, 2015 10:58 am

When I ordered my Bourton I specified a manual filler in addition to the whale electric one which on occasions has come in handy, on lifting the o/s bench seat where the top inboard tank is fitted I found a blanket which I stored in there soaking wet, on investigation I found that the filler point from outside the van was 38mm but the fitting on the tank was 32mm, A/S had used a piece of corrugated black plastic pipe of 38mm diameter and fitted it to both the 38mm filler AND the 32mm input point when in fact they should have fitted a 38mm to 32mm reducer in the line and then 32mm pipe for the remaining section, they also used the wrong type of hose clamp, they used standard jubilee clips which are useless for corrugated pipe instead of the twin wire type which will fit in the dips of the corrugated pipe, they just used brute force and ignorance to tighten the jubilee clips as much as they could.
      The leak only happened when you were actually filling the tank with the manual filler because believe it or not the water has to run uphill as the filler point is lower than the tank input so when you take out your watering can or whatever you are using the water remaining in the pipe runs back out, I have ordered a short length of both 38mm and 32mm clear hose and a 38mm to 32mm reducer and will fit them once they arrive, I will update once fitted in the meantime I am only using the whale electric filler, I would advise anyone with a fitted manual filler going into an inboard tank to check the fittings for leaks.
Don
padraigpost
padraigpost

Male

Back to top Go down