Blinds-have I something missing??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blinds-have I something missing??

Post by jimandcilla on Wed May 06, 2015 8:11 pm

I wonder if any of the long term owners of clubman/gatcombes could help with a problem we have when setting the blinds and flyscreen together partially up or completely up for nighttime. I have been unable to find anything relating on the site or the A/S handbook.There are notches in the guides in about 4 positions on each window side for locking the screens in these positions.What tends to happen is after a lot of fiddling about we manage to get the combination to stay in one place,but sometimes they fly apart like Ronnie Barkers Till in "open all Hours".Is there supposed to be an end piece in the screens to latch into the grooves as our screens don't have anything and it seems they are fractionally too short to lock properly .Thanks folks.
jimandcilla

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman Anniversary
Vehicle Year : 2003Vehi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blinds-have I something missing??

Post by daisy mae on Wed May 06, 2015 9:00 pm

I found last night having had problems in the past, I brought the net  blind down to the bottom to latch onto the  blackout blind and very gently guided the blind up holding the bottom blind top frame, and I found it engaged into the lugs, not ideal I must admit, having blinds in a caravan which were in two separate tracks and could just use one at a time also blind went  from top to bottom, the ones at my rear window in the Clubman works from the top down and both the blinds are in their own tracks, these work much better and feel more secure for staying closed, thought about having the side blinds changed, unfortunately they are not a standard  size, the size was done for AS vans so off the counter ones have to be altered to fit, so not straight forward.

Last year when touring in desperation I closed the curtains odd times I couldn`t get the blinds to remain closed.

I find it frustrating in an otherwise super van. I do not like the concertina blinds have those in the new caravan, sometimes newer is not better.imo.

Last edited by daisy mae on Wed May 06, 2015 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman
Vehicle Year : Oct. 2003 VW 2.5 TDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman on Wed May 06, 2015 10:28 pm

It looks like the newer models have taken a step backwards as all mine (1998) have the 2 tracks,  i.e. the fly-screen only goes to the bottom & latches down by 'rolling' the bottom bar outwards in the outer track.
The blind goes down in 4 separate positions & locks into the pin-slots, but the screen & blind in the toilet DO latch together however.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman
Vehicle Year : 1998

View user profile http://www.modelslipway.com

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:18 am

jimandcilla wrote:I wonder if any of the long term owners of clubman/gatcombes could help with a problem we have when setting the blinds and flyscreen together partially up or completely up for nighttime. I have been unable to find anything relating on the site or the A/S handbook.There are notches in the guides in about 4 positions on each window side for locking the screens in these positions.What tends to happen is after a lot of fiddling about we manage to get the combination to stay in one place,but sometimes they fly apart like Ronnie Barkers Till in "open all Hours".Is there supposed to be an end piece in the screens to latch into the grooves as our screens don't have anything and it seems they are fractionally too short to lock properly .Thanks folks.
Found some end inserts when browsing a web site, it is Blackmore Leisure and it is Seitz blind end insert , hope it is ok to put this on if not will mod delete ,thank you

Regards,
Margaret
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman
Vehicle Year : Oct. 2003 VW 2.5 TDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: