2000 peugeot exectutive

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2000 peugeot exectutive

Post by bongopilot on Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 15:35

hi all has anyone else had trouble with a radiator fan running on after stopping the van the temperature gauge reads normal last night it took over an hour to switch off would appreciate any sugestions the engine is a 1.9tdi
bongopilot

Male

Auto-Sleeper : executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2000 peugeot exectutive

Post by bikeralw on Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 17:31

I once had this problem on a Peugeot car, I never did find out the cause, but I could always stop the fan by turning the ignition on and off a few seconds after switching the engine off.
Al
bikeralw

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jt2011 on Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 21:39

bongopilot wrote:hi all has anyone else had trouble with a radiator fan running on after stopping the van the temperature gauge reads normal last night it took over an hour to switch off would appreciate any sugestions the engine is a 1.9tdi

sounds like the fan switch is faulty.

It screws into the bottom of the radiator and has 2 wires going into it.

Pretty easy to change yourself, unscrew the old one and quickly screw the new one in so you don't lose too much coolant.

jt2011
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LynD on Thu 7 May 2015 - 20:25

Happened to me August last year. Long story short I ignored it thinking the fan was doing its job. Then I noticed water coming out from under the engine compartment. Garage found a teeny tiny hole in the Outlet Tank and replaced it. However they didn't check the Cooling Fan and less than a month later she was back in the garage as on the last trip the fan was by then not turning off at all and I had to disconnect the battery so it didn't go flat. The fan temperature control switch was replaced and normal service resumed.....until I tried to start her earlier this year (she is driven regularly throughout the winter)and the battery was flat. It was a battery less than 2 years into its 5 year warranty so it did cross my mind that maybe the fan problem was related. Hope that helps you avoid similar problems!
LynD

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum