Curtains 1988 era

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Curtains 1988 era

Post by Campievanner on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:57 am

Our 1988 Frisky project has pink curtains - with a self coloured patterm which look pretty similar to the one in the 1988 magazine that someone was kind enough to put the link to.

I had them out and washed them in cold water - dont think they had been out for years and they came up lovely and soft.

I would like to have a go at dyeing them pink again - currently lots of fading but i dont know what fabric they are and cant find a label.  Some dyes seem to work at 40 degrees and for natural fabrics but would rather do it colder to avoid possible shrinkage.

Anyone have any experience of this ?
Campievanner

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Stratford
Vehicle Year : 2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Curtains 1988 era

Post by m8form8 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:27 am

We dyed our 95 curtains in the washing machine with a washing machine dye. They came out OK although we would have liked them darker in colour. Think we underestimated the amount needed, should have used 2 packets. Dye available at all branches of Dunelm.  hugegrins They came out ok not streaky!
m8form8

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Campievanner on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:39 am

Thank you, I think I will be brave over the summer as they can't look any worse really.
Campievanner

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Stratford
Vehicle Year : 2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by m8form8 on Fri May 01, 2015 1:34 pm

Hope you don't take on a rescue dog who suffers separation anxiety like us. Got out of his car cage yesterday when left in the motorhome for 10 minutes. WE had nicely died curtains, now one is ripped to shreds and others have been pulled so hard the tape has given way after the rails buckled! So now its time to replace them all . :-(
m8form8

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum