Puddletown Dorset. Forward thinking council.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Puddletown Dorset. Forward thinking council.

Post by m8form8 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:52 am

Just off the A35 we discovered the Caravan club site was actually the local Town recreation ground. What an excellent idea, shame more local councils do not do the same thing. Instead of making it impossible for people to use public spaces to stay. Power water and toilets provided and just 6 pitches. Peaceful spot not very noisy and nice to sit relaxing watching people use the park for model cars, dog walking cricket and so on. beachball   up! Well done Puddletown!  topmarks
Excellent overnight location if heading west along the A35. 
m8form8

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puddletown Dorset. Forward thinking council.

Post by groundhog on Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:52 pm

Thanks for the heads up, very useful. Lets hope more Councils will follow suit soon..... up!

I used to live in a little village called Newdigate in Surrey, MANY years ago they allowed caravans to stop at the top of the playing fields.... great spot for the village, maybe a suggestion to the Parish Council they would resurrect it!! up!
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Puddletown Dorset. Forward thinking council.

Post by m8form8 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:52 am

It did cross my mind that doing this with a public space might also help with illegal travelers encampments. Does non membership and lack of payment by travelers make it easier for Police to intervene immediately, changing it from just a civil matter requiring lengthy legal proceedings? Not sure on that but crossed my mind. confused3
m8form8

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum