After doing so much damage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

After doing so much damage

Post by eddioke on Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:58 pm

When I bought my 1987 Renault trafic T1000 rapport I had to remove the interior for a lot of welding to be done under the van (Sills out riggers jack points etc) most of the origional furniture fitted back in after adjusting for the 1/4" differance in the floor board thickness, for this MOT I have had to remove a lot of the floor in front of the rear doors as a cross memeber has needed repair and due to it being in the area of the leaf spring hanger it turned out to be a big job + a lot of floorboard / units & carpet being removed.

I am now thinking of a total refit complete with a 3/4 width rock & roll bed, A set of Rock & roll hinges at Just Kampers will be used unless some one can point me towards an alternative (cheaper) option for the bed, I plan on useing 3/4" ply to make the bed base. ?
eddioke

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Renault Trafic Rappo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: After doing so much damage

Post by daisy mae on Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:43 pm

Have you looked on that auction site,?
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Anniversary Clubman
Vehicle Year : Oct. 2003 VW 2.5 TDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddioke on Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:18 pm

I have and not been impressed seams some folks list the same hinges as are sold by JK with a list price of starting at (for example) £30and a P&P of £15 and the last 2 I looked at did have a part missing (it looks like a coat hook you would fit on the back of the bathroom door to hang a dressing gown on) Maybe they needed two? I asked one seller if there was a bit missing, I got the reply of "what you see is what you get" The JK option is all three parts, brand new for £60 inc P&P

Thanks for the suggestion all the same daisy mae
eddioke

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Renault Trafic Rappo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tallboy on Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:29 pm

If its any help, I've used JK for several years, and found them to be very reliable and helpful. If their parts aren't up to scratch they will listen, and offer an alternative or a refund. Overall, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Rich
Tallboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : '99 T4 Clubman GL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum