light lenses.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

light lenses.

Post by james barnes on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:44 pm

Hi all ,

Can anybody le me know where to find replacements for the two  hella front white  lights above the cab on autosleepers 1998 clubman gl on t4 chassis , further to the question regarding windows , can anybody let me know where to find runners for side windows and are they easy to fit.
thanks in anticipation.
james barnes

Male

Auto-Sleeper : clubman gl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: light lenses.

Post by meanchris on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:16 am

These are direct replacements for the ones on my '95 Exec

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-24V-HELLA-2PF961167021-CLEAR-CARAVAN-MARKER-POSITION-SIDE-LIGHT-LAMP-/321345114963?hash=item4ad1a95353

I bought two but, be warned, the originals are gobboed in with copious amounts of black silicon rubber that has to be wrecked to remove it, and replaced with similar silicon rubber to seal the new fittings.

The fittings have the bulb holder contacts on the back, which just have spades for a receptacle crimp. You'll have to crimp the wires on, plug them in and then silicon the whole caboodle back into the hole.

If your Clubman is the same as my Exec of course.

P.S. I discovered that the original screw holes were stripped and too close to the edge of the hole to re-use, so I also had to select another location for the screw holes and drill it very very carefully, or I would have had to use some GRP filler to make good.

Bit of a censored! nightmare really.
meanchris

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mikejack on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:05 pm

meanchris wrote:These are direct replacements for the ones on my '95 Exec

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-24V-HELLA-2PF961167021-CLEAR-CARAVAN-MARKER-POSITION-SIDE-LIGHT-LAMP-/321345114963?hash=item4ad1a95353

I bought two but, be warned, the originals are gobboed in with copious amounts of black silicon rubber that has to be wrecked to remove it, and replaced with similar silicon rubber to seal the new fittings.

The fittings have the bulb holder contacts on the back, which just have spades for a receptacle crimp. You'll have to crimp the wires on, plug them in and then silicon the whole caboodle back into the hole.

If your Clubman is the same as my Exec of course.

P.S. I discovered that the original screw holes were stripped and too close to the edge of the hole to re-use, so I also had to select another location for the screw holes and drill it very very carefully, or I would have had to use some GRP filler to make good.

Bit of a censored! nightmare really.

Same as the medallion loads of silicon sealant behind them and stripped screws. While you have them out put some led bulbs in them they look a lot better bright white than the orange glow.
Mike
mikejack

Male

Auto-Sleeper : medallion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:50 pm

mikejack wrote:
Same as the medallion loads of silicon sealant behind them and stripped screws. While you have them out put some led bulbs in them they look a lot better bright white than the orange glow. wrote:Mike

I'm way ahead of you there Mike - I'm Mr LED - Got them in all the interior lights, courtesy lights, marker lights etc.  winks
meanchris

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum