Washing brush for motrohomes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Washing brush for motrohomes

Post by inspiredron on Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:06 pm

While shopping this morning I just saw and bought one of these on the spot in our local Maplin:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/telescopic-water-fed-brush-n23hw
Although I have not tried it for cleaning my van yet I have connected it to the hose and my verdict is that it will be superb. The bristles are long enoung to get into the awkward gaps between roof lights and aerials, etc and very soft.  The water flow is adjustable from full on to a gentle trickle or of and it is reasonably light even when it's full of water. And it will reach right across the roof of my Lancashire and do th esides from the ground.  I will even be able to have a large bucket of soapy water on the ground to dip the brush into from the stepladder while I am cleaning the roof.
When getting the link from the Maplin site I saw the bad reviews. Whether the brush head will come undone in use I have yet to see. None of the connectors were tight but they seemed to tighten firmly so I put the bad reviews down to user incompetence - but I could be wrong.
I paid £9.99 in store - Looks a good buy to me up!

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Washing brush for motrohomes

Post by Gromit on Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:23 pm

Hi there

I bought one a while ago, and it suffered from all the faults mentioned in this review.

"Although the telescopic action of this brush is fine, in use the brush head unscrews and leaks from the connector. In addition, the plastic for the hose connector end flexes, allowing the screw threads of the connectors to pop and leak. The poor design quite simply makes the brush not fit for purpose."

It wasn't much of a problem to fix it with a bit of Araldite on the threads, and took only a few minutes.

I am now left with what you anticipate - a perfectly good and serviceable brush, whose only fault is that I can't persuade the Memsahib to try it out! snigger A damn good ten quid's worth, but some people (reviewers) either expect Rolls Royce quality for next to nothing, or are actively looking for something to whine about.

Hope this helps.

Dave
Gromit

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro on Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:29 pm

I've just ordered a better step ladder for Madame.

As if!
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:30 pm

I use an extendable brush but don't connect the hose as I find it inhibits articulation of the brush and makes operation unwieldy - you can pay a lot more than £10 for a brush so the Maplin looks good value just to use as a brush.

Peter

PS I've just come in from using mine!

Last edited by Peter Brown on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PS added)
Peter Brown
Staff Member
Staff Member

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Malvern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate on Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:04 pm

I've also got one of the said brushes I've had it 4-5 years and still going strong.

Same as Trigger fools and horses had the same brush for 15 years and only had 10 replacement handles and 12 new brush heads.

John.

Last edited by artheytrate on Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
artheytrate

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris on Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:07 pm

meanchris

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Executive